PDA

View Full Version : Quickshifter

toxicf16
02-18-2017, 10:40 PM
Looks like they removed them from the EBR website. Anyone know of another source for a standard pattern quickshifter that will work on our bikes?

EBRRider
02-18-2017, 11:11 PM
http://www.proshift.com/proshift_downshift_auto_blipper

bigdexxx
02-18-2017, 11:50 PM
Call EBR dealers and ask them if they have one in stock, pretty sure at least one has a few in stock.

1190SX
02-19-2017, 05:01 PM
EBR quick shifter only does assisted upshifts FYI. If you find an aftermarket one that is plug and play that includes auto-blipping for assisted downshifts let me know. I have the EBR quickshifter.

toxicf16
02-19-2017, 06:20 PM
EBR quick shifter only does assisted upshifts FYI. If you find an aftermarket one that is plug and play that includes auto-blipping for assisted downshifts let me know. I have the EBR quickshifter.
I didn't purchase one initially because of that. I'd read on here that EBR was working on an auto-blip as well, so I decided to forgo the QS till they had that sorted out. Once they stopped production, I should have ordered one right then.

d_adams
02-19-2017, 06:29 PM
I may have picked up the last one when I was in East Troy picking up my SX.

toxicf16
02-22-2017, 04:45 PM
From EBR "The quickshift kits are not listed on the store because they are currently out of stock. We are working to resolve supply issues, and it will likely be several weeks before they are available again. They will reappear on the store website when available."

Kid Thunder
02-22-2017, 05:33 PM
Will they be offering the down shift option?

1190SX
02-22-2017, 06:46 PM
Tested out the EBR quick shifter, sort of lol. I am still on break in so its not a thorough test of it as quick shifters generally don't perform well in the low RPMs. I am still using the clutch quite a bit for low rpm shifts because just like on the S1000 it hates low rpms. It tends to go between gears sometimes if you try to use it at low RPMs occasionally. When I have used it successfully I did like it though, not having the downshift feature isn't as distracting as I thought it would be. I would advise to hold off on this until you get the 620 miles on the bike and can give it some RPMs. Another reason to say to hell with the "break-in" procedure, written by lawyers in the legal department not by engineers.

d_adams
02-22-2017, 07:59 PM
I probably ought to install mine soon, I've already blown past 9k rpm and only have 350 miles on mine so far. Yeah, that oval pipe does sound pretty good. :P

toxicf16
02-22-2017, 08:04 PM
Will they be offering the down shift option?
Unknown, just providing the info I got when I asked the question, although I could speculate that if they are actually going to go through the effort to produce/acquire the QS kit, they'd to it for both shift patterns (standard and gp), as it's just a sensor.
Additionally, if (and that's a big if) they are still working on auto-blip software for the ECU, they might even be able to use the same (multi-direction) pressure sensor for both kits. This could theoretically save on material costs...Again, just speculation.

Upon further review of your post though, I may have misunderstood the question.

1190SX
02-22-2017, 08:41 PM
Unknown, just providing the info I got when I asked the question, although I could speculate that if they are actually going to go through the effort to produce/acquire the QS kit, they'd to it for both shift patterns (standard and gp), as it's just a sensor.
Additionally, if (and that's a big if) they are still working on auto-blip software for the ECU, they might even be able to use the same (multi-direction) pressure sensor for both kits. This could theoretically save on material costs...Again, just speculation.

Upon further review of your post though, I may have misunderstood the question.

They already had the bi-directional switches when I spoke with them two months ago, they just needed to update the ECMs

1190SX
02-22-2017, 09:06 PM
I probably ought to install mine soon, I've already blown past 9k rpm and only have 350 miles on mine so far. Yeah, that oval pipe does sound pretty good. :P

Wasnt that hard to keep it under 5k until I put the oval system on, thanks Dean.

bigdexxx
02-22-2017, 10:24 PM
This bike does clutchless upshifts perfectly without a quickshifter. I actually think the gearbox on this thing is silky smooth, compared to my last bike.

1190SX
02-22-2017, 10:36 PM
Bet my quick shifter is faster :biggrin:

MegaFighterX
02-23-2017, 09:38 AM
I thought they only worked above 6k RPMs.

Fullmonte
02-23-2017, 10:11 AM
My quick shifter seems to prefer working above 6-7k

buell-fan
02-23-2017, 12:22 PM
My quick shifter seems to prefer working above 6-7k

How does it act when you shift anything below that 6-7k range? How well does it do on full throttle shifts?

1190SX
02-23-2017, 05:24 PM
It works under 6k, it isn't as smooth and actually spun the tire going 1-2 a couple times. Hence my using the clutch for low speed shifts now.

Fullmonte
02-24-2017, 06:15 AM
How does it act when you shift anything below that 6-7k range? How well does it do on full throttle shifts?

Sometimes it'll just cut the ignition but not go into gear. I've also hit a few false neutrals in the higher gears.

1190SX
02-24-2017, 11:46 AM
Sometimes it'll just cut the ignition but not go into gear. I've also hit a few false neutrals in the higher gears.

I can second that, low RPM shifts in high gear goes between gears fairly often.

mackja
02-24-2017, 12:51 PM
EBR shifter has a little bit longer throw, you will get use to it after a bit, try to be more deliberate in your shifts and false nutrals, ignition cuts with out a shift wont be a problem. Adjusting your shifter a tad bit higher helps also.

1190SX
02-24-2017, 02:59 PM
Yeah I noticed its not a short of a throw as on the S1000