PDA

View Full Version : First scratch on my new bike!

1190SX
02-11-2017, 11:17 PM
Well it was inevitable, I was working on one of my other bikes and was walking by the SX when I dropped a bolt and it landed right on the front fender of the SX :frown:. Initially I was horrified seeing what looked like a huge chip! I then go to wipe the spot it hit and luckily it was just a bit of grease from the bolt. It did however leave a small ding in the fender, nothing crazy, but I was wondering if we know whether the EBR body work is polished plastic or is it painted and cleared? Would be nice to polish out any scratches.

EBRRider
02-11-2017, 11:35 PM
The first scratch hurts the most, I have had good luck with Turtle wax premium polishing compound.

Kid Thunder
02-11-2017, 11:54 PM
I know how you feel. The day they took the 1190SX off the truck & I got the bike started I had to make a U turn to get into my driveway. So I put it into gear & let out the clutch & went to put my feet up on the pegs & they were higher up than I expect(I had raised the ones on my Tuono)& fell right there in front of my home & neighbors with my GF taking videos!! Scratched the mid fairing(Fan cover)black part. What a dope!

toxicf16
02-12-2017, 06:23 AM
Polished plastic

EBRRider
02-12-2017, 10:31 AM
Well it was inevitable, I was working on one of my other bikes and was walking by the SX when I dropped a bolt and it landed right on the front fender of the SX :frown:. Initially I was horrified seeing what looked like a huge chip! I then go to wipe the spot it hit and luckily it was just a bit of grease from the bolt. It did however leave a small ding in the fender, nothing crazy, but I was wondering if we know whether the EBR body work is polished plastic or is it painted and cleared? Would be nice to polish out any scratches.

1353Be thankful its only a scratch.:deadhorse_1:

qurtrn10
02-12-2017, 09:47 PM
+1
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/WilliamWalker/Buell/IMAG4460_zpsz72ew5wl.jpg (http://s4.photobucket.com/user/WilliamWalker/media/Buell/IMAG4460_zpsz72ew5wl.jpg.html)