PDA

View Full Version : EBR-1190RX Released - Any Tests?

Diablo1
02-25-2014, 06:42 PM
Now that the bike is getting out to the dealers and customers, how long will it be before we see a full blown test/review/video report breaking it all down? Will Micah at AF1 be doing a dyno test in the near future to see what the customer bikes put out?

Hughlysses
02-26-2014, 08:50 AM
I'm hoping we'll see a comprehensive review in Cycle World, but it wouldn't surprise me if it doesn't make the upcoming issue. I thought for sure there'd be a review back in November or December, but apparently EBR has been keeping a tight leash on the bikes up to now. I'm sure they don't want anything remotely like the early reviews that the 1125R got.

Classax
02-26-2014, 04:55 PM
EBR smartly decided to deliver to the paying customers before sending demo's to the moto mags. Only a portion of the preorder bikes have been delivered, the balance of those and demos should hit the sales floors 1 or 2 week in March. Unless they do a big press launch at a track somewhere or a moto mag pre ordered I would expect to see anything in print until maybe April or May issues.

Diablo1
02-26-2014, 05:04 PM
Manufacturers typically send out a bike to the magazines before they are released for sale, in order to generate interest and promote sales. If the reviews are positive, bikes get sold quicker. Without reviews, the bikes may languish on the showroom floors.

Classax
02-26-2014, 06:00 PM
Manufacturers typically send out a bike to the magazines before they are released for sale, in order to generate interest and promote sales. If the reviews are positive, bikes get sold quicker. Without reviews, the bikes may languish on the showroom floors.

IF the reviews are great then yes it can help sales. Buell was lambasted in the press in the launch of the 1125r so I think EBR has played it closer to the vest this time around. Frankly with the interwebs being the way they are, an owner writing a review online has about as much potential of being seen as a major motorcycle mag writer. To be honest I rather enjoy the reviews by owners because they provide more insight on what its like to acutally live with the machine in day to day operations not just at the track.

Hughlysses
02-28-2014, 05:34 PM
Just got the new Cycle World (April 2014 issue) and STILL no 1190RX test. :thumbsdown:

Diablo1
03-01-2014, 09:29 AM
IF the reviews are great then yes it can help sales. Buell was lambasted in the press in the launch of the 1125r so I think EBR has played it closer to the vest this time around.

The 1125 was sent out for the launch with a very bad fuel map. Hopefully they don't repeat mistakes like that, and the 1190RX has been released for sale without any issues. If the bike is ready for customers to pony up their money, it should be ready for the press launch.

Classax
03-01-2014, 10:33 AM
^^^^True but as you'll recall HD set the time line for release of the 1125r and the bikes that were tested by the mags were preproduction. It didn't go well. This time they appear to be shipping product to paying customers and dealers first. If the press is good there will be product on the floor ready for sale as opposed to the normal waits we see between launch, press and shipment.

Scott
03-01-2014, 05:36 PM
I don't know what the plan is, but from a sales point of view, it's a little early to have reviews out. Production is just starting to ramp up and most of the early bikes are spoken for. Ideally, the reviews should come out in a couple months when there are bikes available in showrooms for customers to buy.

Classax
03-09-2014, 01:08 PM
After having ridden the bike and having ridden or tested every other liter bike out there except the panigale R, I couldn't care less what the press has to say. The bike simply rails! It stops better(read that as quicker and under greater control) than anything I can remember(Not as much out right violent bite as some but tons of feel). It turns in like a light 600, seems to anticipate what you want to do and do it, before you even realize you are. (Watch that early turn in.) It simply doesn't care about what gear you may be in, twist and go. Yet the transmission is butter! Clunks into first but while on the gas it snicks up and down with little effort. Its very easy to ride. Unlike every Ducati I have ever ridden, you can actually find neutral when you need to. Around town the throttle response and fueling is near perfect. My buddy rode with me up our favorite back roads on a 1098 and among the many places I was able to pull off a pass on him was at every gas station.IJS

TexArmageddon
03-09-2014, 02:54 PM
After having ridden the bike and having ridden or tested every other liter bike out there except the panigale R, I couldn't care less what the press has to say. The bike simply rails! It stops better(read that as quicker and under greater control) than anything I can remember(Not as much out right violent bite as some but tons of feel). It turns in like a light 600, seems to anticipate what you want to do and do it, before you even realize you are. (Watch that early turn in.) It simply doesn't care about what gear you may be in, twist and go. Yet the transmission is butter! Clunks into first but while on the gas it snicks up and down with little effort. Its very easy to ride. Unlike every Ducati I have ever ridden, you can actually find neutral when you need to. Around town the throttle response and fueling is near perfect. My buddy rode with me up our favorite back roads on a 1098 and among the many places I was able to pull off a pass on him was at every gas station.IJS

:( I didn't find out the release date if the ebr until early January so I won't be able to pull the trigger on my 1190 until may or early June the latest. . But throttle response and fuel mapping were my main concerns because my vfr800 suck at both. I'm glad I found this out before biting down on an s1000rr

Classax
03-09-2014, 04:38 PM
:( I didn't find out the release date if the ebr until early January so I won't be able to pull the trigger on my 1190 until may or early June the latest. . But throttle response and fuel mapping were my main concerns because my vfr800 suck at both. I'm glad I found this out before biting down on an s1000rr

Bro there are at least 1 of every color available in Texas. Get in contact with Goe or AF1 they both have one ready to go. The fueling and throttle is so smooth on and off throttle its hard to describe. Its that good.

TexArmageddon
03-09-2014, 11:09 PM
Oh no the issue wasn't availability. .. The issue was funds... Most was going to the building of my stang, but after riding other bikes I started looking. When my funds are the way I would like them to be I'll be buy it.

Hughlysses
03-18-2014, 07:36 PM
Well, apparently the press rode the bikes today at Jennings. Cory West posted it on his Facebook page. I guess we'll see some info in print in a month or two

Classax
06-12-2014, 04:14 PM
Sport Rider released their July issue and the 1190RX not only get the cover but a glowing review as well.

Hughlysses
06-14-2014, 05:49 PM
Three reports from press track day at Indy this week:

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2014/06/ebr-1190rx-md-first-ride/

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/buell/2014-ebr-1190rx-review-first-ride.html

And video report from Greg's Garage: http://vimeo.com/98161669

Classax
06-18-2014, 10:40 AM
Motorcycle USA weighted in as well http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/77/18689/Motorcycle-Article/2014-EBR-1190RX-First-Ride.aspx

Scott
06-18-2014, 01:52 PM
They seem to be getting a lot of good press, and we seem to be hearing variations of the idea that it's a bike that provides a lot of confidence and it easy to ride fast. That's a very important characteristic in my opinion. I don't care if bike X is a few tenths of a second faster than bike Y in the hands of expert riders running them at peak RPM's. I want to know that when I get on it, it's going to feel like an extension of me and go where I want it to go and where I expect it to go. That's what makes a great bike.:thumb: