PDA

View Full Version : IMS Cleveland

Led Boots
01-25-2017, 06:41 AM
Does anybody know if EBR will be at the IMS show this weekend in Cleveland?

d_adams
01-25-2017, 07:10 AM
No. Next show they'll be at is Chicago. That's also the last one they have scheduled.

Led Boots
01-25-2017, 08:31 AM
No. Next show they'll be at is Chicago. That's also the last one they have scheduled.

Oh, okay. Thanks Dean

I really wish they would've committed to more shows. The Cleveland show was my best chance to see the new bike. I know everybody wants a dealership nearby, but I really hope they look into expanding in the Cleveland/Pittsburgh area. I feel like I live in some sort of forbidden zone or something :lol:

Hughlysses
01-25-2017, 10:39 AM
Hopefully they have something big to reveal at the Chicago show. They posted this at erikbuellracing.com last year:

EBR plans to attend the International Motorcycle Shows in Long Beach, California; New York, New York; Dallas, Texas; and Chicago, Illinois. Show visitors will get to see and learn more about the 2017 models. EBR also will show off selected upcoming 2017 ½ & 2018 model prototypes at different shows.

It seems certain that the Black Lightning was the 2017-1/2 model, which means they still have a 2018 model prototype to reveal.

Led Boots
01-25-2017, 12:12 PM
Hopefully they have something big to reveal at the Chicago show. They posted this at erikbuellracing.com last year:

It seems certain that the Black Lightning was the 2017-1/2 model, which means they still have a 2018 model prototype to reveal.

Yeah, that's a good point. They haven't revealed or mentioned anything new since the BL...and you would think the Chicago show would be like home field for them. Would be a good opportunity to showcase the new goods.

1190SX
01-25-2017, 01:38 PM
Last time I contacted EBR they made it clear they were really focusing on developing a new model. Interested to see what they come up with. I would hold off on the AX idea for a little while if it was my decision.

Hughlysses
01-25-2017, 02:31 PM
This was stated in the same EBR press-release that promised 2017-1/2 and 2018 prototype reveals at the IMS's this year:

There is a bright future for EBR, and as part of that work is proceeding on a sub-$10k platform for 2018.

I'm betting that's the next new bike we'll see out of EBR, since it would put their bikes in the price range of a huge amount of additional riders. Erik has also said they are working on more variations on the 1190 platform.

d_adams
01-25-2017, 02:45 PM
One of which is a turbo. 220+ hp, mild boost. Mmmmhmm, yep. Kinda scary to think about.

Hughlysses
01-25-2017, 04:22 PM
I notice they've taken down the "future models" page at erikbuellracing.com too. The "button" for the page is still there on the "models" page, but it's dead. Maybe they're getting ready for an update?

1190SX
01-26-2017, 07:48 PM
I suspect they will not be attending IMS Chicago. Still interested to see the new models.

buell-fan
01-26-2017, 09:50 PM
I notice they've taken down the "future models" page at erikbuellracing.com too. The "button" for the page is still there on the "models" page, but it's dead. Maybe they're getting ready for an update?

This is quite the update...

buell-fan
01-26-2017, 09:51 PM
I suspect they will not be attending IMS Chicago. Still interested to see the new models.

If I were Erik, I'd be attending and pushing for people to buy and make a statement.

1190SX
01-26-2017, 10:23 PM
If I were Erik, I'd be attending and pushing for people to buy and make a statement.

I would agree. Might as well keep pushing until its dead, but lets be realistic, most people will not buy a bike from a company that is shutting down and will soon stop supplying parts(Except me I guess lol). That being said, "most people" wouldn't buy an EBR no matter, people who buy these are unique. Name brands and warranties give people warm fuzzy feelings, EBR now has neither. Unfortunately these are the facts, Erik hasn't even had to opportunity to build a reputation because the brand is too unknown. There is no brand recognition yet, this is VITAL. I'm gonna go out on a limb and probably catch some flak, but I don't believe it is possible to start a motorcycle company without a huge corporation backing you. The market will not allow a little guy to survive in that industry, I commend Erik for taking it as far as it has gone and not selling out, but one has to wonder if Hero had purchased 100 percent where we would be today. To be honest I probably would have thought over buying one a lot more had they been owned by Hero.