PDA

View Full Version : Interested in 1190SX

Abaxter
11-17-2016, 12:53 PM
I've never really looked hard into Buell in the past, and kinda just glossed over them. Have owned various Ducati, Aprilia, and Japanese bikes over the years and have taken some time off from riding. Looking at getting back into things, and didn't realize you could get a brand new left over 1190sx for under 10k at dealers that still have them in stock...... That's a lot of bike for the money. I was going to purchase an Aprilia Shiver to get back into the swing of things, but for pretty much the same money one would be a fool to not consider the 1190SX...

From owners here, what do you like and dislike about your 1190SX? Any buyers regret? Are parts hard to come by? Are these reliable machines?

185hp would be the highest HP bike I've ever owner, and the fact it has traction control is nice piece of mind. No ABS stinks, but I've never had a bike with it anyways so not that big of a deal.

Assuming one will have to pay cash for these, as they are leftover models from a company that kinda is still in business.... ?

mackja
11-17-2016, 02:04 PM
I own both 1190rx and 1190sx, I love my bikes, that being said, their are just a couple of things I have or will change. For me the ecm with exhaust tips is a necessity. The only thing I don't like is the seat, it is fine for short rides but gets a little thin on longer ones. EBR is coming out with a comfort seat soon and I am looking forward to it. Don't get worked up about the HP, while 185 is more than needed, the bike is extremely easy to ride and throttle response is linear. The bike is extremely well behaved and a blast to ride. I did a heads up demo of the KTM Super Duke and the EBR, I picked the EBR hands down. Parts have not been an issue at all.

qurtrn10
11-17-2016, 09:47 PM
I also own both models, and I love them both. Parts are available with new accessories coming out soon.

I've had my SX for about a year, and I love it. The stock seat is fine for a few hours for me, but if I want to ride it any farther than that, I'll be looking at ordering the new comfort seat when it is released.

If you decide that the SX is what you want, I keep track of a lot of bikes that are available for sale and can probably help you find one for a good price. Just shoot me a message - I'm always glad to help.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/WilliamWalker/EBR/2016-11-13%206_zpssrfnhmjx.jpg (http://s4.photobucket.com/user/WilliamWalker/media/EBR/2016-11-13%206_zpssrfnhmjx.jpg.html)

Kid Thunder
12-31-2016, 04:00 PM
I like the color combo on your SX. The flag graphics on the mid fairing is just right & I'm not a blue guy.

qurtrn10
12-31-2016, 07:45 PM
Thanks - I was trying to not overdo it. :)