PDA

View Full Version : Ulysses got a stablemate. SX #051

Save_ferris
10-11-2016, 11:42 AM
Picked her up at the factory in East Troy Friday, through LAP. What a beast! Can't wait to get through break in.

Doug Porcaro
10-11-2016, 02:38 PM
Happy to see another EBR in Racine!

qurtrn10
10-11-2016, 11:29 PM
Nice bikes! Any plans to modify the SX?

Save_ferris
10-12-2016, 05:59 AM
Yes, I was planning to. I met up with Erik at Dreyer's EBR reunion in Indy and saw his. He has taller bars, lower pegs and more cushion in the seat. With that and a trunk he says 600-700 miles in a day is no problem. I intended to do the same to mine, possibly with a small screen and have it replace the Uly, but now that I've ridden it, I may keep both and just use it for decompression rides. Decisions decisions... Either way, taller bars and tidying up the tail. I'll likely replace the exhaust too, but in keeping with the matte grey, not too loud. My license couldn't take too much attention, Hahaha!

qurtrn10
10-12-2016, 06:45 AM
I have the Twisted Designs license plate brackets on mine and love them. You can find them on eBay and they work great. Getting rid of the license plate bracket means you can also move the smaller turn signals from the rear up to the front and clean up the front end a little for free. For what you want, I would also look into the exhaust tip finisher kit from EBR. It's the cheapest kit at $550, and it really cleans up the tail, gives you just a little louder and deeper note without being super loud like the Dean Adams or APH would.

I'm ordering the Dean Adams exhaust this week for the RX to give it a little more bark and clean up it's tail too. I hate looking at that resonator! :)

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/WilliamWalker/EBR%20Number%202/0921161320_zpsxjuqkucu.jpg (http://s4.photobucket.com/user/WilliamWalker/media/EBR%20Number%202/0921161320_zpsxjuqkucu.jpg.html)

Save_ferris
10-12-2016, 08:34 AM
I want the resonator gone or lowered, to make room for soft bags. Are you talking about the twin short pipes on EBR's store page, with the Race ECM? Seems to me those would be a lot louder. I have a Dean Adams on my Uly, and even with earplugs, my ears ring after a full tank. Rather be a little quieter, for the sake of my hearing and my drivers license.
One other question. Do ECM Droid or ECM Spy work on the 1190's?

noone1569
10-12-2016, 08:44 AM
I want the resonator gone or lowered, to make room for soft bags. Are you talking about the twin short pipes on EBR's store page, with the Race ECM? Seems to me those would be a lot louder. I have a Dean Adams on my Uly, and even with earplugs, my ears ring after a full tank. Rather be a little quieter, for the sake of my hearing and my drivers license.
One other question. Do ECM Droid or ECM Spy work on the 1190's?

The tips that replace the resonator aren't that loud. They are nearly the same sound just amplified a bit. I wouldn't even call them loud, but I run a Dean Adams slip on.

No you can't use ECM Droid or ECM Spy on these.

buell-fan
10-12-2016, 06:53 PM
For the price a fully programmable ecm from IDS allows you to reconfigure the exhaust to four different off the shelf systems, and play with the tune, traction control and sprocket values further if you want.

http://idspd.com/xcart/?target=main

Purves
10-13-2016, 02:25 PM
how many miles do you have on the Ulysses?

Save_ferris
10-14-2016, 08:32 AM
how many miles do you have on the Ulysses?

17,946 and climbing. I picked it up in late July with 15k, and after 28 years of not riding, I fell head over heels back in love with it. Funny, the (now) ex-wife made me stop riding, so I got rid of her and riding came right back?!? Never owned a car until I got married, only bikes. The Uly is an '09 XT. The SX is a beast! I wish I could merge the two bikes.