PDA

View Full Version : secondary muffler question based on putting saddle bag supports on.

MegaFighterX
10-08-2016, 01:48 PM
so i picked up the universal mounts from cycle world. tried putting them on, and it wasn't working. Oh yeah... I have passenger pegs. Can't get rid of them as I have the big can still... So pull the passenger pegs away, mount the saddlebag supports and toss the pegs back on top. They go on the left side no problem. The right side, I have to try to mess with the exhaust and such to get the screws in with an additional inch or so of length. manage to get it on, and check cargo clearance. Seemed to work, so I start to clean up. I decide to check to make sure there's no big issues with the exhaust.

start it up, and I feel a lot of puffs of air by where the secondary muffler joins the rest of the exhaust. I grumble and take the mounts back off, and check for the blowby. Still there. I tighten up the nuts a bit, and it helps, but there's still some exhaust coming out. For giggles, I test fit the bags without the mounts...

aaaaand they seemed to work just fine. I may want to toss some rope or something around them so they don't flop around too much, but they seem to be ok otherwise.

so now I'm noticing that blowby thing happening there. Is that normal?