PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding clutch pull and engagement

SX_Bueller
09-16-2016, 07:14 PM
So i switched out the levers with ASV C5 shorties and there seems to be an issue now. I started using a 2 finger pull on a BMW over the spring and really liked it so I switched my stock with the shorties. When I'm at a stop light and only pull the lever in enough for disengagement the idle rpm's are around 2500, but when I pull the lever all the way in on the grip the rpm's drop to about 1500.

The question/issue is why this happens. In Neutral and clutch lever out the rpm's seem normal around 1500.

I wonder if I installed the lever incorrectly for some reason, seemed really straightforward.

Thanks for any input or insight.

buell-fan
09-17-2016, 10:14 AM
It seems like there is more unloading of the drive train going on with the clutch lever pulled in and therefore less work on the motor, so the rpms are higher. In neutral the motor is spinning the whole clutch basket, some gears, bearings, etc, so more loading at idle keeps the rpms down more.

SX_Bueller
09-17-2016, 11:36 AM
okay, its just a little tougher to do a full pull with the shortie levels. 2 fingers just not strong enough to pull it all the way in against the grip. Don't want to go with the easy pull kit as I have heard that it can cause more slippage and wear.

Just I need to keep working out my fingers to build up the strength.

Thanks

Nick
09-17-2016, 08:16 PM
I have the Oberon slave cylinder arriving this week, its worked well in other bikes, will let you know how it goes in the ebr.