PDA

View Full Version : Dash Issues- Update from EBR

Hughlysses
09-10-2016, 08:41 AM
This was posted to Facebook by EBR chief engineer Dan Hurda on Thursday:

1190 RX / SX Dash Info
We are making progress on the COMMUNICATION ERROR issue some of you are experiencing with your dash. It is looking promising that dashes will be able to repaired and not need to be replaced.

We believe the issue to be limited to dashes produced in the first lot but we are hoping to get some additional confirmation on that.

If you have had this issue with your dash take a look at the serial number on the back (see picture). Any dash with a serial number beginning 14161XXXXX or higher is from a later lot we don't believe is affected. If you have a dash with a serial number from the newer lot that has had this problem please email tech@ebr.com with the subject 14161 (do not contact us via Facebook) and let us know what the serial number of your dash is. If possible include a nice clear picture of the sticker on the back of the dash too. If I can scan the QR code from he picture it will give me some additional info.

Lorne
09-26-2018, 01:48 PM
My 2014 EBR 1190 SX came up with comms fail alarm and instantly cut the engine. When I pulled in the clutch and pulled over turned the ignition off and on it disappeared. I checked diagnostic there where no errors or history of errors the bike started I rode down the road it came up with the error again and cut the engine I pulled in the clutch in 3rd the error disappeared. I let the clutch out thinking it would clutch start but got sent flying and broke my leg.
I have had the bike for 7 months and it only has 2500 KM on it when it get the damage repaired I will need to find out what the built in fault is and repair it any help would be appreciated. I did for a short time think I had the perfect bike.

I will check the Number of the dash when I get the bike back from the smash repair shop

Cooter
09-26-2018, 03:04 PM
The "COMM ERROR" is a well know issue for the early bikes for awhile now. I believe the only fix is to replace it with a later unit. $300 or so should find you one. Bummer you got hurt, I can't figure ho that happened? Did you dump the clutch on a curve???

zviadi
09-27-2018, 02:07 AM
My instrument panel has cracked from vibrations. I ride without dash and turn signals.
There are several types of dashes at different prices.
What is the current price and what is the stock part-number?

Lorne
09-27-2018, 06:23 AM
I was heading toward a bend but was still upright it bit and through me in a split second never experienced anything like it. Didnt even have time to pull the clutch back in

zviadi
09-27-2018, 01:40 PM
My dash disconnected three times in motion within a two month. Nothing terrible happened - screen just went out and turn signals also off.
It should not be such that the engine is switched off.
I ride without dash nearly 200 miles. No problem, but unusually ride without tachometer, diagnostics and turn signals. It's also unusual to ride when there's an empty space in place of the dash (she disconnected and was in my home).
Mine have serial number 14055007571, revision F.

Cooter
09-27-2018, 05:42 PM
http://www.erikbuellracing.net/store/y1500a-1b7-instrument-cluster-mph-kmh-potted-programmed.html

New, from EBR. Potted and programmed for $180.

That link is thanks to EBRider:)

zviadi
09-28-2018, 12:15 AM
Thanks.
Is it interchangeable with stock? I noticed that dash has different prices - $ 180, $ 350 and $ 650. How are they different?
I also noticed that mileage doesn't enlarge without dash.

EBRRider
09-28-2018, 08:10 AM
Thanks.
Is it interchangeable with stock? I noticed that dash has different prices - $ 180, $ 350 and $ 650. How are they different?
I also noticed that mileage doesn't enlarge without dash.

Info on the F book

The potted ones were dashes known to have issues by the serial #. They took them apart before they were put in service and put potting under the plug that flexes and causes the connectivity errors. I bought 4 of them. For the price cant go wrong ill fix them up and use them to make my bike last till its time to part it out.
All the 180 potted ones ive got have had broken cases mounts so there cheap for a reason.
But one can doctor up them when you get them and likely make them last quite a while.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/289943317829883/search/?query=potted%20dash

zviadi
09-28-2018, 03:18 PM
Have same dash, soldered with a backlight strap, I wrapped it with adhesive tape and run.
Run to the present day. Two hours ago blowed up the engine...

buell-fan
09-30-2018, 10:30 PM
Have same dash, soldered with a backlight strap, I wrapped it with adhesive tape and run.
Run to the present day. Two hours ago blowed up the engine...

That sucks. Please explain how it happened...

zviadi
10-01-2018, 04:48 AM
Something roared downstairs, bike was enveloped in clouds of smoke with fire. You can see vids of motoGP racers, when they fineshed her engines.
I'm squeezed clutch lever and stopped.
https://ebrforum.com/showthread.php?1598-Blown-Engines&p=13764&viewfull=1#post13764