PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Pump Trouble

Fullmonte
09-07-2016, 09:59 AM
Just picked up a new 15 sx last week and have put about 400 miles on it so far. The bike has been running great and I love it. Fast forward to this morning, about 2 miles from my house the bike just shuts off while going about 40mph and threw a fuel pressure code. Checked the fuse and it looked fine but, no noise from the fuel pump. After a lovely push home I threw her in the garage and will investigate after work. Just wondering if anyone else has come across this yet?

Hughlysses
09-08-2016, 07:22 AM
I don't recall reading about fuel pump issues here but I may have missed it. It's worthwhile to check the fuse with a voltmeter, or substitute a different fuse to make sure. Those things have been known to fail in a way that is not visibly obvious.

Other than that, try checking all your electrical connections. Unplug and reconnect the ECM connectors, fuel pump connector, etc. IIRC doing that has cleared up issues for a few people.

You can also try swapping relays. IIRC, EBR uses the same 4 relay setup that Buell XB's used. All 4 relays are the same and can be swapped for testing. If you swap relays and the bike's symptoms change, you know you have a problem with a relay. They're a fairly common relay too; if you have a decent auto parts store locally they should be able to match it.

Fullmonte
09-08-2016, 09:48 AM
I went trough all the wires from the motor back last night and now it seems to be working. I'm guessing it was a bad connection to back of the fuse block.

Hughlysses
09-08-2016, 10:08 AM
Good deal- glad you got it sorted.

dashredder
09-19-2016, 04:47 PM
Gorilla tape to the rescue? :)