PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a unique 1190RX - suggestions?

qurtrn10
08-30-2016, 09:30 PM
I already have a 1190SX in Laguna Blue, and I'm looking to pick up a 1190RX as well. I like things that are unique and different, so when I get a RX, I want something special.

Options:

2016:
I don't think I'll have the funds to pick up a Patriot edition, so that's out.
I might have enough to order a new one - if so, I like white and matte silver.
If I can, I'd love to buy the first white or the first matte silver if still available at a dealer.

2015:
I've seen plenty of SXs for 2015, but haven't run across any 2015s. Did they not make any at all, or was it just really low production?

2014:
I prefer yellow as my first choice and red as second.
I'm really leaning toward VIN #3 that LAP has, but being an early production bike, I know I'll have to swap out the starter immediately.
But if I pick that up from LAP, while I'm up there I can probably meet up with Erik and have him sign the bike and maybe tour the factory - extra bonus.
I'd like to find #145, since my SX is #145, but it was sent to Lambretta South in Pompano Beach, FL and I can't find any info on them anymore, so I'm at a dead end. I don't even know if it's a color I like.
If I didn't go for the earliest yellow available, I could go for the last yellow made in 2014, which as far as I know is #374, and still available at Fastlane Powersports. If I get that one, it should have the updated starter.

If there is an ex-race bike that I could still put plates on and ride on the street, that would be fine - even better if it's loaded with sponsor decals still.

If there is any yellow RX still in the crate, that would be worth a little more to me.

Any other RXs you would consider? Of course I would prefer new, but anything under 1000 miles would be fine, as long as the price reflects the mileage.

Thanks, I hope to have my garage and my money all ready for a new bike by the end of next week - I'm a serious buyer, not just kicking tires.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/WilliamWalker/EBR/0830161926a_zpsb6kivvqa.jpg (http://s4.photobucket.com/user/WilliamWalker/media/EBR/0830161926a_zpsb6kivvqa.jpg.html)

buell-fan
08-30-2016, 09:45 PM
I had a close look at the yellow Fastlane bike before I got the SX. When I got there it had an oil puddle under it and had a leak from somewhere mid-case. Couldn't tell you where from exactly now, it has been a year since I saw it. A couple weeks ago I was told that the sales guys there use the EBRs to off their foreign bikes. They would only take $12k for the bike, no better deals. Call LAP and give them a cash offer on one and use the extra dough to customize it and make it yours/unique.

qurtrn10
08-30-2016, 10:00 PM
Thanks, Fastlane's website shows an asking price of $9,999, so they have definitely lowered their expectations on the pricing, but if it has leaks, I would rather pass on it anyway. Thanks for the heads up.

LAP is my best option right now. The only downside to their bike is the logistics. I'm in FL - the bike is in MI.
Since I would be getting a ticket and have a few weeks notice (if not more) before flying up to get it, I would probably ask if I could pick it up from EBR in East Troy. I'd hope to see the factory, maybe meet up and grab lunch with Erik, Mike, or Chris, and have Erik sign my frame (to match my SX). It would be worth it in the end, but it's a plane ticket, hotel rooms, and 1200 miles of time and gas. If I could find a dealer half way between WI and FL, I would need my first service done before I got her home! I know I could have it shipped, but I'd rather go get it myself and bring her home.

qurtrn10
08-30-2016, 11:40 PM
Another option I may go with is one local to me in red. The bike itself would be about $1k cheaper, plus i would save the money that I would have spent on a plane ticket, hotels, and the return trip of 1200 miles. I could use that money to order the HMF exhaust and Hot Bodies body kit. Send the race kit out for paint, and i could swap back and forth without too much effort. Could paint the race body yellow and have the yellow bike I wanted, could paint it Laguna Blue to match my SX, or could go full custom. That's pretty tempting, too.

buell-fan
08-31-2016, 11:03 AM
I have a couple Hot bodies race kits and was planning on a Laguna blue for one and Competition white on the other, if I keep both sets.

08-31-2016, 08:59 PM
http://databikes.com/infophoto/buell/1190_rx-2015.html

Unique does not always equate to good...

Black and red are my 2 favorite colors, but this bike sure doesn't do it for me!

qurtrn10
08-31-2016, 09:27 PM
I think I have found my bike - both unique and good. :)

I will follow up as soon as I know for sure that I'm getting it - don't want to jinx myself.

TerryS1980
09-01-2016, 07:05 AM
https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/mcy/5759291892.html

Classax
09-01-2016, 12:28 PM
Go 2014 and put your money in sprockets, chain, suspension and exhaust ecm combo. These bikes are ultra rare in the wild, and one tricked out with work better goodies will win you way more admiration and value from your peers than any farkles or nice paint.

qurtrn10
09-01-2016, 12:56 PM
It's official - I bought the 2014 1190RX from LAP. Vin #00003, this was used as the demo bike at AIMExpo in Orlando and used in a lot of promo pictures with only 2.2 miles on the odometer. I am going to have it shipped straight to me. I just won't have the time to fly up to LAP or EBR to pick it up personally. I'm hoping to take delivery of the bike here in FL by the end of the month. I've noticed a few differences between it and the other production 1190RX bikes, but I'll make a separate thread for that - probably nothing significant, but just enough to tell my bike apart from the rest, which is cool with me.

That's my bike!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/WilliamWalker/EBR%20Number%202/1_IMG_8962_zpsqsaqj6mr.jpg (http://s4.photobucket.com/user/WilliamWalker/media/EBR%20Number%202/1_IMG_8962_zpsqsaqj6mr.jpg.html)
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/WilliamWalker/EBR%20Number%202/s-l1600%206_zpsaqam3wod.jpg (http://s4.photobucket.com/user/WilliamWalker/media/EBR%20Number%202/s-l1600%206_zpsaqam3wod.jpg.html)

noone1569
09-01-2016, 03:08 PM
Awesome, congrats.

All the early ones had little different quirks. I imagine supply issues and refinements that came in later caused this. When we were at homecoming in 2014, there were 3 of us there with 1190rx; all had some different things about them. I notice this doesn't have the little notch on the right side cover for the line coming out. You may want to watch wear there.

darkducati
09-02-2016, 09:33 AM
I want that artwork in the background! That would make an awesome garage poster!

Hughlysses
09-02-2016, 09:58 AM
That's very cool. Glad you found a "unique" 1190RX.

qurtrn10
09-02-2016, 01:18 PM
Awesome, congrats.

All the early ones had little different quirks. I imagine supply issues and refinements that came in later caused this. When we were at homecoming in 2014, there were 3 of us there with 1190rx; all had some different things about them. I notice this doesn't have the little notch on the right side cover for the line coming out. You may want to watch wear there.

Thanks. I am looking forward to comparing mine to other ones to see what might be pre-production parts. There is one RX owned in town and one RX still at a dealership for sale, so I will have a few to compare against.

I want that artwork in the background! That would make an awesome garage poster!

I've already tried. LAP is holding onto that at least for now. I might try asking if they have the file that could be emailed to me so that I could have one made up. It was made before LAP took over though, so I'm not betting on them having it.

That's very cool. Glad you found a "unique" 1190RX.

Thanks. It's not as unique as a racebike, but I like the fact that it has a unique history, and at the same time, almost 0 miles.