PDA

View Full Version : RG sliders = complete

blackhawk
08-03-2016, 09:43 PM
Finally have all the RG sliders that I am aware of for my SX minus Spindles , which I'm still deciding on which works as slider and rocks with a decent stand
Here's a pic after installing the last two items
Bar ends and SX front axle sliders " RX different" and glad af1 was helpful .....might of helped future orders from being incorrect
Thanks btw af1 for all the help1068

Moose
08-03-2016, 09:55 PM
Let us know if the bar ends reduce the vibes in the bars!

blackhawk
08-03-2016, 09:58 PM
Side view with everything 1070

blackhawk
08-03-2016, 10:00 PM
Will do , 109 miles yesterday riding to work and avoiding highway on way home ....

zviadi
08-05-2016, 02:55 AM
This slider attached to the engine? Not afraid to break a piece of the engine in the fall?

buell-fan
08-05-2016, 05:55 AM
This slider attached to the engine? Not afraid to break a piece of the engine in the fall?

You have a good point, but where they mount at is solid. They mount to the engine and frame mount bolts, replacing those bolts.

zviadi
08-05-2016, 06:15 AM
This slider too sticks to the sides and has only one attachment point.
He can tear of the engine attachment points to the frame after the fall. EBR frame no different good strength - two users on this site have already written off the scrap their bikes because of torn frames.
On this bike I'd be afraid to put any sliders in the frame, which is a fuel tank.

blackhawk
08-05-2016, 11:32 PM
Working in motorcycle industry for almost 10 years now and sad to say but for 8 of those I worked with every insurance company for bikes that were laid down.... I've had bikes running 70 mph look better than bikes going 30; 99% all HD .... last month the first VROD ever I've seen with sliders on it , looked like it fell over @ 5mph .... he was cut off at highway speeds
Name of the game , why my helmet is cArbon fiber and wear full gear ....
All in all , it's worth the money for what I've seen
I've done close to 30 estimates last two months
None the less if I lose my footing with some uneven pavement , they should help.... I hope

blackhawk
08-05-2016, 11:57 PM
FYI most Bikes I've ever done with engine guards , once called ages ago crash bars .... almost always bend the mounting points , insurance companies might work with you on this matter , without totaling it

zviadi
08-06-2016, 02:00 AM
I don't want to argue with anyone or scare - just my personal opinion. No more.

I never put the sliders to any my bikes, except for one - Aprilia DD1200.
These were two-point sliders - Top Block Racing (France):

It's expensive sliders - almost 400$.
Afer the fall at 50 mph, these sliders are not protectet plastic fuel tank against damage.
Also, all the sliders don't protect bike in the fall with slip when they get into the pits and cracks of road surface, or in the tram rails. When grasping the slider for such unevenness account may he turn over the bike to the other side.
IMO, the sliders should have the greatest possible area and only two-point - then there is a CHANCE that damage will be minimal. And only when you fall on place or at low speed.
No attachment to the engine or frame brackets. Only to the frame, with the frame should be made of thick pipes, as KTM or Aprilia.
EBR is no such frame.

blackhawk
08-06-2016, 09:30 PM
Agreed low speed ...lose my footing in a dip or hole I don't see @ a stop, completely 100% agree with them possibly causing more damage under certain road conditions / quality