PDA

View Full Version : Custom Fitted 1190RX Seat

Dewyz1100
07-17-2016, 10:31 AM
Greetings forum members...just wanted to share some work I recently had done on my RX...

I am a big guy, ~280lbs and 6' tall...and I wanted to make the RX as comfortable as I could for the longer rides...so I took my bike to Rich's Custom Seats in Kingston, WA...

They spent the day with me forming the foam to my "specs", allowing me to take a test ride with every alteration to ensure comfort...a rear seat pan extension was added for the additional rear foam, then they inserted a gel pad in the important areas before covering it...

I opt'd for a quality leather cover, and some custom embroidery to match the factory EBR decals...and now I have a seat that fits like a glove and is way more comfortable for the longer hauls...no sacrifice on movement in the corners... :)

buell-fan
07-17-2016, 01:29 PM
That's a great looking seat! How much for the custom job?

qurtrn10
07-17-2016, 07:01 PM
Great job!

Dewyz1100
07-17-2016, 11:55 PM
Mine was certainly pricey after all the add-ons...but seeing as how there is literally NO other seat MFG that makes one for an EBR, I wanted a one of a kind personalized seat...

The base price for any custom seat from Rich's is $450...includes the new foam, personalized fitment, gel pad insert, and standard marine grade vinyl covering...

Moose
07-18-2016, 06:38 PM
very, very nice.

bthibodeaux
07-19-2016, 10:17 AM
Mine was certainly pricey after all the add-ons...but seeing as how there is literally NO other seat MFG that makes one for an EBR, I wanted a one of a kind personalized seat...

The base price for any custom seat from Rich's is $450...includes the new foam, personalized fitment, gel pad insert, and standard marine grade vinyl covering...

Looks like you made all the right decisions with it. Great looking seat!

Dewyz1100
07-19-2016, 10:03 PM
Looks like you made all the right decisions with it. Great looking seat!

Thanks!

Dewyz1100
07-31-2016, 09:09 AM
Now that I have sat on this new seat for the last two weeks, I like it more and more...

The best compliment I can give it, is that I forget that it is there...and that speaks volumes for ANY sport bike seat...