PDA

View Full Version : Free Updated Software for ECM & Display from EBR

Hughlysses
07-02-2016, 05:35 PM
Dan Hurda posted this to the 1190 Owners Group on Facebook earlier this week:

EBR Motorcycles is pleased to announce an ECM and Dash software update program for Model Year 2014 and 2015 1190RX and 1190SX motorcycles manufactured by Erik Buell Racing.
The new EBR Motorcycles launched all of the 2016 1190 models with several improvements in the ECM as well as with the latest dash software.

These improvements include:

Improved shift light function to make the shift indication more visible to the rider
Improved diagnostic function to better identify when an error code is thrown
Enables quick shift function so kit is a “Plug & Play” accessory with no additional wiring required
Corrects condition that may result in an error code being incorrectly set after key on or start up
Enhanced display of barometric pressure on the dash’s live data screen

EBR Motorcycles offers this update to owners of 2014 and 2015 1190 RX and SX motorcycles at no charge if the ECM and Dash are sent back to us for update through an authorized EBR Motorcycles dealer. (customer to pay return shipping).

The software selection from the dash’s diagnostic screen will tell you what revision of firmware and software the ECM and Dash are currently running. Please see attached image for the latest revision of each.

If you have questions you can contact tech@EBR.com or your dealer. (please use email not FB for questions)

See below for a list of dealers or check our web site for the most up to date list:
http://www.erikbuellracing.com/find-your-dealer/

Classax
07-17-2016, 01:32 AM
I like with they did with the turn signals. It is much easier to notice you have them on now. As for the shift lights, WOW talk about in your face. I wish we could dial it back a bit because it's to my mind a bit distracting. I like how the TC isn't in your face at the wrong time, where as the shift light is really noticeable now. At least it isn't like the new R1, it only comes on when on the gas where as the R1 will come on even though you are down shifting. Over all I'm please with my dash update.

Moose
07-18-2016, 06:40 PM
Classax, what was the turn around time? I'm looking at updating mine this winter.
thanks

d_adams
07-18-2016, 07:59 PM
A week, maybe a little more, just depends on distance and your shipping carrier. I dropped mine off at the "local" dealer 290 miles from my house on Friday (8 days ago), it's supposed to be here this week, probably Wednesday. Had a short holdup at the dealer (didn't ship until the following Tuesday) so that's part of the delay on mine.

Moose
07-18-2016, 08:00 PM
Good deal, thanks Dean. My closest dealer is in El Paso... so I'll have to ship it there first.

d_adams
07-18-2016, 08:13 PM
Call them first to open the line of communication so everyone is on the same page. Mine was the first that Dreyer's sent out, so there may be a bit of a delay getting everyone reading from the same playbook. I was under the impression I'd only have to pay shipping one way, turns out I ended up having to cover it both ways. Might have been just because it was me, I dunno.

bthibodeaux
07-21-2016, 02:51 PM
Dan Hurda posted this to the 1190 Owners Group on Facebook earlier this week:

Thanks for the info! I sent mine to the closest dealer yesterday.

Brian

blackhawk
07-29-2016, 11:02 PM
Sweet!!!!

yamatr3
07-30-2016, 03:30 PM
Just pulled mine off to send it in.

recon033
08-08-2016, 01:41 PM
I wish there was an at home download. What prevents it from being available online? I just avoid dealer****s like the plague.

Hughlysses
08-09-2016, 07:01 AM
I wish there was an at home download. What prevents it from being available online? I just avoid dealer****s like the plague.

Supposedly the main reason they are doing this is to get current EBR owners to come in and meet current EBR dealers, in the interest of selling more motorcycles in the future.

bthibodeaux
08-12-2016, 10:41 AM
Supposedly the main reason they are doing this is to get current EBR owners to come in and meet current EBR dealers, in the interest of selling more motorcycles in the future.

Well I don't know about the areas others live in, but in the greater Houston area there is no shop that will work in an EBR. Not even the one dealer in the area (Goe Kawasaki in Angleton). I question why anyone would want to own a bike that nobody will work on.

Sparky
08-12-2016, 01:51 PM
Well I don't know about the areas others live in, but in the greater Houston area there is no shop that will work in an EBR. Not even the one dealer in the area (Goe Kawasaki in Angleton). I question why anyone would want to own a bike that nobody will work on.
If that is the dealer you got your bike from and you want to get the items updated, just ask the dealer to print & fill out their info on the EBR Recalibration Request form but specify that your parts get shipped to the customer (you). You would have to R&R the dash & ECM yourself, package & ship them to EBR and specify to EBR how to pay for return shipping. That is exactly how I did it. A week later the parts came back recalibrated.

bthibodeaux
08-12-2016, 03:12 PM
If that is the dealer you got your bike from and you want to get the items updated, just ask the dealer to print & fill out their info on the EBR Recalibration Request form but specify that your parts get shipped to the customer (you). You would have to R&R the dash & ECM yourself, package & ship them to EBR and specify to EBR how to pay for return shipping. That is exactly how I did it. A week later the parts came back recalibrated.

I have done exactly that, even though it is not the dealer I purchased from. I have other work that needs to be done.

recon033
08-14-2016, 07:57 PM

I want nothing to do with the dealer in my area.

Hughlysses
08-15-2016, 06:28 AM
I want nothing to do with the dealer in my area.

Action Powersports? Their EBR salesman's stepmother is Erik's long-time personal assistant. Seems like he'd be sure to do you right.