PDA

View Full Version : Bike needed for seat design

mackja
06-20-2016, 01:55 PM
I have been talking with a few of the seat manufacturers about making seats for the sx and rx, Corbin seems like the best opportunity. They need a bike to to use in order to design and shape a seat, they told me the person who lets them use a bike will get a free seat. So we need a volunteer who lives near Hollister California. As we all know the bikes are great but a better seat would be a welcomed addition. Contact Corbin Seats to set up appointment, 800-538-7035.

GJB
06-21-2016, 12:00 AM
I live near Hollister and could do it.

mackja
06-21-2016, 07:38 AM
I live near Hollister and could do it.

That would be great! If I lived near by I would do it myself, easy way to get a free seat!!!
Thanks

mbfj40
06-21-2016, 10:27 AM
Corbin says they do not currently have the EBR bikes on their "prototype bike wanted" list
mike

mackja
06-21-2016, 01:07 PM
Best thing to remedy that is go to their website click on Contact us, then Email directory, then product request, if all the forum members would do that something might happen to change that. Worth a try.

Doug Porcaro
06-21-2016, 01:28 PM
I emailed Corbin when the RX was first released and never heard back. This is the solution I went with:

http://ebutik.nccr.se/ebr-erik-buell-racing-1/ebr-bodywork/ebr-1190-rx-sx-leather-seat-covers-rider-and-passenger-exchange

I don't have them yet but they look very nice from the pictures and their rear seat eliminates the notch for that annoying strap, making it totally flush and looking killer.

I have a Dainese Stripes Evo jacket in tobacco brown leather and I just told him to match that as best he could. This is the image of what he chose and I'm certainly satisfied. I cannot wait to get them.

mbfj40
06-21-2016, 06:50 PM
OK, I forgot that I'm on the internet. Soooooo...
Corbin already has recently had two of our bikes in for product prototyping, If and when they decide to go "public" with products is up to them. Or if it was a third party that they may be making products for it is also up to them. If you want something for your bike Right Now, they "May" have a pan fabbed up that would allow you to roll in for a custom build on a Saturday. However if the R+D work that they have done is for a "Retailers project" it may not be avail for direct sale.
I'm thinking that there will be an announcement from someone before long.......
That's what I think ;-)
mike

noone1569
06-22-2016, 07:50 AM
I emailed corbin as well.

Dewyz1100
07-31-2016, 06:53 PM
I was lucky enough to find a custom seat shop only ~20min from my house...and they fit the new foam to the exact rider(s), not simply a "feels better" approach for most...

Check out my post about it:
http://ebrforum.com/showthread.php?1069-Custom-Fitted-1190RX-Seat