PDA

View Full Version : Just got my new 2014 EBR 1190SX this last weekend

rugbyguitargod
06-06-2016, 05:46 PM
Just got my 1190SX this past weekend. Purchased from Griffith Cycles in Chattanooga, TN. Garry Griffith (the owner) loaded up the bike in his truck and personally delivered it to my doorstep in North Carolina. Garry, his wife and his staff at Griffith were super friendly and went above and beyond to make the transaction happen. I've already put about 150 miles on it and got it with 1 mile on the odometer. So far, with me being 6'2'', this bike is exceptionally comfortable to ride. I just rode it 85 miles and no fatigue or weird soreness/cramping whatsoever.

buell-fan
06-06-2016, 06:24 PM
Great customer service right there! Enjoy!

Moose
06-06-2016, 06:40 PM
Congrats! I hope they pick up with EBR again, I need a local dealer!

rugbyguitargod
06-06-2016, 07:22 PM
Congrats! I hope they pick up with EBR again, I need a local dealer!

I know he talked about that he's trying to pick up EBR again as a dealer.

rugbyguitargod
06-06-2016, 07:27 PM
After today's 85 mile ride to class tonight in on/off rain, the traction control worked flawlessly as well.

Moose
06-06-2016, 09:59 PM
Excellent news, on both fronts!

TerryS1980
06-07-2016, 09:54 AM
Not to deter you from riding in the rain but some bikes' starters built up corrosion due to moisture getting by the o-ring causing a no start and ultimately a new starter. Then again some never have problems.

Robster
06-07-2016, 10:23 AM
Mine had that issue. Took the starter apart and cleaned it up, then sealed it and have yet to have any issues. Not too hard to do

06-08-2016, 09:58 AM
Southern Pines? I got a long time Buell riding buddy in Southern Pines. Well, he has dabbled with other bikes off and on, but...

I visited Griffith Cycles in September of 2014 while in 'the area' on business. Overall I walked away pretty impressed with their dealership. The first dealership that I saw with apparel (even though someone had already snagged everything in my size) and other EBR merchandise. I sure would like to see them get involved with the 'new EBR' as well.

There was one downside to my visit, which if you have a sense of humor is kind of comical:

Glad to hear that you are digging your SX. Hopefully I'll see you around at some point!

Jbaker229
06-08-2016, 11:25 AM
Mine had that issue. Took the starter apart and cleaned it up, then sealed it and have yet to have any issues. Not too hard to do

I will second the starter issue, easy fix but it was annoying and caught me off guard.

Jeff

Hughlysses
06-08-2016, 11:39 AM
Southern Pines? I got a long time Buell riding buddy in Southern Pines. Well, he has dabbled with other bikes off and on, but...

I know that guy! His main ride in recent years is a BMW- I forget the model- basically a tricked out limited production airhead. He has 3 sets of wheels and tires for it dirt, dual-sport, and street. He rides like a maniac too!

Rugbyguitargod- If you can, come up to Little Switzerland, NC to our annual Buell/EBR meet there (see the "Buells in the Alps 6" thread in the "meet & greet" sub-forum) at the end of July. We had about 20 Buells last year and a couple of EBR's. GREAT twisty roads in that area.

rugbyguitargod
06-08-2016, 05:25 PM

I visited Griffith Cycles in September of 2014 while in 'the area' on business. Overall I walked away pretty impressed with their dealership. The first dealership that I saw with apparel (even though someone had already snagged everything in my size) and other EBR merchandise. I sure would like to see them get involved with the 'new EBR' as well.

There was one downside to my visit, which if you have a sense of humor is kind of comical:

Glad to hear that you are digging your SX. Hopefully I'll see you around at some point!

:lol: that is funny. Was that a red SX that you took the picture of? If so, that's probably my very bike that you took the picture of; they only had one red bike and it was the SX that I just bought ha.

I'm sure i'll see you around. its a small community :thu:

rugbyguitargod
06-08-2016, 05:27 PM
I know that guy! His main ride in recent years is a BMW- I forget the model- basically a tricked out limited production airhead. He has 3 sets of wheels and tires for it dirt, dual-sport, and street. He rides like a maniac too!

Rugbyguitargod- If you can, come up to Little Switzerland, NC to our annual Buell/EBR meet there (see the "Buells in the Alps 6" thread in the "meet & greet" sub-forum) at the end of July. We had about 20 Buells last year and a couple of EBR's. GREAT twisty roads in that area.

well, I AM taking a sabbatical this summer so i'll have time. Might have to do exactly that.

qurtrn10
07-23-2016, 03:49 PM
Do you happen to know who bought the blue SX from Griffith? I think he's the one that gets spotted at Deal's Gap every here and there.