PDA

View Full Version : Buells in the Alps VI- 7/29/16-7/31/16, Little Switzerland, NC

Hughlysses
05-30-2016, 10:42 AM
More info on "Buells in the Alps 6":

WHAT is Buells in the Alps? Buell/EBR meet (sleep/eat/ride/talk)

WHERE? Little Switzerland, NC. It's located about on the Blue Ridge Parkway 50 miles north-east of Asheville, NC, and it's more-or-less equidistant from Charleston, SC (287 miles), Atlanta, GA (248 miles), and Raleigh, NC (234 miles).

WHEN? July 29-31, 2016, Friday/Saturday/Sunday. Show up earlier if you want; stay later if you want.

WHO? Any interested motorcyclist (we're not brand snobs), but concentrating on fellow Buell and EBR riders.

WHY? In July, we'll all be in need of some serious twisty riding and some cooler temperatures!

MORE INFO ON THE AREA:

http://www.diamondbacknc.com/ - webpage on roads and motorcycle lodging in the area. Little Switzerland sits on the Blue Ridge Parkway at the intersection with 226A and 226, which are both awesome roads. There are plenty of good twisty roads off of the Parkway nearby.

HOTEL/meet central: the Skyline Village Inn (between Little Switzerland and Spruce Pine, NC).

Skyline Village Inn & Cavern Tavern
12255 NC Highway 226A
Between Spruce Pine & Little Switzerland, NC
Phone 828-765-9394

http://www.skylinevillageinn.com (http://www.skylinevillageinn.com/) (on-line reservations available, but call to make sure you get the discount)

It's a funky little hotel that was built back in the 40's. The current owners have restored it and are really nice people. The hotel has some really interesting history behind it. It has a decent restaurant, and a store with the best beer selection for ~50 miles. Room rates vary from about $80/night to $120/night depending on what location you want (balcony or not) and what discounts you can get. Tell them you're with the Buell meet and they'll give you a decent discount. Check their website for more photos. The hotel got a new roof over the winter so it looks a LOT different than in previous years:

T-shirts will be available; this image will be on the back:

PM me for ordering info. Cost is $10 each.

rugbyguitargod
06-09-2016, 05:27 PM
Is there a facebook event made for this?

rugbyguitargod
06-09-2016, 05:29 PM
nvm, found it and joined :thumb:

Hughlysses
07-23-2016, 03:20 PM
6 days to BITA 6!!!

If anyone has an EBR banner/shipping crate cover they could bring to the meet so we can hang it up, I'd really appreciate it. I have the Buell signage covered.

noone1569
07-25-2016, 09:13 AM
6 days to BITA 6!!!

If anyone has an EBR banner/shipping crate cover they could bring to the meet so we can hang it up, I'd really appreciate it. I have the Buell signage covered.

Hugh, I can ship you my EBR and Buell ones if you send them back =)

Hughlysses
07-26-2016, 05:51 PM
Hugh, I can ship you my EBR and Buell ones if you send them back =)

Noone, thanks much for the offer. I've got 4 Buell signs in-hand and a loaner EBR banner on the way, so I'm good.