PDA

View Full Version : Changing brake fluid

xenno92
05-26-2016, 03:00 PM
Thinking about doing this on my own but dont know where to start. A friend suggested to i get a bleeder bag or pump to do this.

Any suggestions? Also what type of brake fluid do you guys use on your rides?

thanks! (:

mackja
05-26-2016, 07:20 PM
get a speed bleeder, they make the job so much easier. Speed bleeder, clear hose, catch can, just fill up reservoir open bleeder with a 5/16th wrench and just pump the lever, speed bleeders eliminate the need to keep opening and closing the bleeder valve. Speigler make them for the Buell 1125, same bleeder fits EBR 1190. I use Motul 600 RBF.

xenno92
05-26-2016, 09:43 PM
ill try it out. Thanks!

Mike
05-28-2016, 09:46 PM
Don't waste the time or money..!
An old can or other clean container, a length of "clear" tube and fresh fluid is all you need.

Cut the tube long enough to sit at the bottom of the container. Pour a bit of fresh fluid into the container to cover the end of the tube.
1. Remove the old discolored fluid from the reservoir with a paper towel. Be careful not to drip any on ANYTHING.
2. Fill the reservoir with fresh fluid.
3. Now bleed the system as normal...pump up, hold, break the bleed screw loose, tighten before releasing the handle.
4. Continue to do this until clean fluid comes thru the tube. Refill the reservoir as required.

Don't forget to do the clutch and rear brake too.

Mike
P.s. - Been doing my cars and bikes this way for...well, MANY years.