Thread: EBR 1190 Adventure Tourer AX

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by Doosh View Post
    The thing is with the 1125r, it wasn't the flogging that caused reliability problems. It was guys riding them like pussies that created all the issues. Fueling, stators, brake "pulsing", you name it. All a function of guys NOT riding the bikes instead of flogging them.
    I didn't ride mine like a "pussy" and it a had ALL of the problems you mentioned, along with a host of others. Care to explain?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3572726438_2cd9ea7c80_b.jpg 
Views:	437 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	55  

Attached Images Attached Images  

EBRforum Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellgate View Post
    I didn't ride mine like a "pussy" and it a had ALL of the problems you mentioned, along with a host of others. Care to explain?
    The truly systemic problem with these bikes, the stator, fails when the bike is ridden consistently below 6k RPM. Unfortunately, this is a common condition for guys that commute, or ride in traffic, or have modified exhausts and "keep the revs lower" so the bike isn't so loud in the neighborhood.

When you do that, you get less cooling oil on the stator, it overheats, and the insulation fails.

It's not so much a function of doing the occasional track day, it's a function of not CONSISTENTLY ALWAYS keeping the bike wrung out. After owning 5 of these bikes, with over 60,000 miles in the saddle of one, and having NEVER had a stator failure, I'd say I'm in a position of knowledge on this topic.

What track is that in the top picture?