Thread: EBR 1190 Adventure Tourer AX

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    EBRforum Newb
    Erik is known for innovation...I'd like to see some things that nobody else is doing.

1. How about a quick change wheel system that would allow you to have multiple wheel preset up for different types of adventures...and swap within a couple minutes.

2. A unique fork and brake setup that would allow for interchangeability between 17" and 19" front wheels.

3. Custom spec'd side cases that have replaceable impact bumpers for those low speed tip overs...which would be cheaper than replacing the whole bag every time your son drops your bike (did I say that out loud?).

And with the talk (on Speed channel) of EBR developing some electronic assist for the race bike in the off season...how about some sweet electronic assist components for the AX.

I really like all those ideas....the quick wheel swap would be cool. 17s for city/street riding, then throw on some 19s with some hard core knobbies.

Quote Originally Posted by MAXIMUM View Post
    Erik is known for innovation...I'd like to see some things that nobody else is doing.

1. How about a quick change wheel system that would allow you to have multiple wheel preset up for different types of adventures...and swap within a couple minutes.

2. A unique fork and brake setup that would allow for interchangeability between 17" and 19" front wheels.

3. Custom spec'd side cases that have replaceable impact bumpers for those low speed tip overs...which would be cheaper than replacing the whole bag every time your son drops your bike (did I say that out loud?).

And with the talk (on Speed channel) of EBR developing some electronic assist for the race bike in the off season...how about some sweet electronic assist components for the AX.

EBRforum Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXIMUM View Post
    Realistically, I think you already have it.

A real wheel swap on the 1125 is less than 10 minutes even taking your time and safety wiring things, and if you go chain drive like the 1190 it's even faster. The Buell wheel system uses all captive spacers and a fixed axle -- it couldn't be easier! The chain kit is pretty straightforward, too.

Same for the front -- adjusting the fork height is 6 bolts, and there's already 1" of movement available on the 1125r, and I have no doubt the 1190 isn't much different.