Thread: EBR 1190 Adventure Tourer AX

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    EBRforum Newb
    I`d like to see a beefier alternator to power heated gear and extra lights. the large fuel range is good too. 250 miles to a tank is good 300 better!

EBRforum Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkbuster View Post
    I`d like to see a beefier alternator to power heated gear and extra lights. the large fuel range is good too. 250 miles to a tank is good 300 better!
    A beefier alternator without the problems of the 2009/2010 1125's would be appreciated. The setup Triumph is fitting to their latest 1200 Tigers seems to be the ultimate solution. As I understand it their alternator is mounted externally and is similar to an automotive alternator in that it uses field windings rather than permanent magnets. This allows the field current and therefore the output to be modulated rather than just bleeding the excess output current to ground like has to be done with most motorcycle alternators. Oh yea, the output is 950 watts (!!!) compared to 432 watts for a 2008 1125.

More fuel would be good but I imagine it will be a challenge with the fuel-in-frame design. You can't really make the frame wider- widening it at the front would make it more prone to crash damage and/or restrict the steering lock and widening it at the rear would make the ergonomics worse. I guess they'd have to make it taller or find some place else to add some more fuel capacity. Hey- why not "fuel in swingarm" since it's not used for oil on the 1190's?

Hopefully the fuel mileage with an "adventure" tuned 1190 engine will be closer to XB levels which would help a lot with the range.