Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ebr low gearing kit description

EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by yzf29 View Post
    Not sure - I don't think I had a gear indicator issue. I wanted to avoid it- so I bought the race ECU/ geared for 44 tooth.
    My bad... I thought you were having that issue.

EBRforum Junkie
    How's the vibration at highway speeds? I have a 44 on my Tuono & love it. It makes city riding so much easier. The loss of top speed is of no consequence for my riding here in New England.

EBRforum Junkie
    There isn't any vibration to speak of in these bikes. I would go with a 43 tooth sprocket to keep sprocket and chain wear down. (Odd numbered sprockets don't wear as quick.). They drive great in the city with a 43 or 44. The highway vibes you speak of may be because of the 44 tooth sprocket. Even numbered tooth counts rotate evenly and wear down faster because the same tooth hits the same link more often.
    Last edited by buell-fan; 12-23-2016 at 12:48 AM.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Quote Originally Posted by buell-fan View Post
    There isn't any vibration to speak of in these bikes. I would go with a 43 tooth sprocket to keep sprocket and chain wear down. (Odd numbered sprockets don't wear as quick.). They drive great in the city with a 43 or 44. The highway vibes you speak of may be because of the 44 tooth sprocket. Even numbered tooth counts rotate evenly and wear down faster because the same tooth hits the same link more often.
    Curious if anybody has changed the front to an odd number...or if one is even available for the 1190s? I see a 17 tooth front on the EBR site, but that says it's for the 1125s. I would think a 17t front and 43t rear would be a nice setup to further extend chain/sprocket life.

Currently their are no options for the front sprocket. The EBR models have a cush drive on the front sprocket, EBR tech has emphasized not to use a fixed sprocket on the bikes. Racing applications are a different story, still it will put a lot of stress on the transmission, and is not recommended. Gearingcommander.com is a great site that allows you to see how changing sprockets and tire size affects rpm's and mph.

EBRforum Junkie
    Have had pretty good wear on my Tuono with 16/44. I like the instant "thrust" with the 44.