Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where are the accessories??

EBRforum Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by Doosh View Post
    Exhaust and race ECM: So far as I can tell, the race teams are running the EBR exhaust that's available on the EBR web site. I'll bet if you call them and let them know what sanctioning body you are racing with they will also sell you a programmable ECM you can map yourself. I know the 1190RS uses the same ECM as the 1125r. Presumably the 1190RX is using something different because of the TC, but I don't actually know and haven't had the opportunity to take one apart yet and find out.

Short levers: The MCs are Nissin radial, right? That's a pretty ordinary part. Walk the paddock at a track day until you spot the same thing, pull the levers and compare. I'll bet there's a line up with some kind of Japanese hardware. The other option is up upgrade to something like an RCS19.

Bodywork: Have you given Trevor at Flexi-Glass a call? I'll bet he already has 1190 race bodywork molds!
    Ive just fitted a Brembo RC19 master cylinder and havent had a chance to test, (track bike only) , What should one expect ?

EBRforum Junkie
    Sparky -

Yes they will.

Mike

I am ordering the power bronze windscreen, and tail tidy. The NCCR ECU and exhaust tips when they become available again. If I get the exhaust upgrade I will get the rear seat cowl from power bronze and the passenger peg removal kit.

I'd love to see some more options out there...

Somebody please explain the noid thing. I apologize if this sounds very novice, but I've never heard of it...

I got my old ZX10R to 187 to the wheel and I'd love to be able to do that with this bike... Can't wait to start the upgrades...

EBRforum ProvNov
    Plotter, solenoid that closes the throttle plates to reduce intake noise.....EPA garbage. I u bolted mine, and used the same resistor used on the Buell 1125r for the same issue. Resistor plug keeps it from throwing a check engine light.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus1190 View Post
    Plotter, solenoid that closes the throttle plates to reduce intake noise.....EPA garbage. I u bolted mine, and used the same resistor used on the Buell 1125r for the same issue. Resistor plug keeps it from throwing a check engine light.
    Thanks for the info on this. I will have to look into buying the resistor plug.

EBRforum Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by Brutus1190 View Post
    And how heavy is that thing, I thought it actually kept the butterflys open when rolling off to stop backfire popping ?

EBRforum Junkie
    Brutus is correct about the solenoid. As they say, been there... One of the first things I did to my 1125CR.

Sorry...but...WHY...would one think holding the butterfly(s) "open" would......? This would make the engine...for the most part, uncontrollable..!

Mike

EBRforum Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Brutus is correct about the solenoid. As they say, been there... One of the first things I did to my 1125CR.

Sorry...but...WHY...would one think holding the butterfly(s) "open" would......? This would make the engine...for the most part, uncontrollable..!

Mike
    But I would have thought the butterflys would close on throttle off with their springs alone?, My theory is, while the engine is dropping down in revs with throttle off, the solenoid holds the butterflys slightly open ,until under 1000rpm, which does stop roll off crackle ? Next time we are in the air box check out if the solenoid pulls open or closes the linkages.

EBRforum ProvNov
    The solenoid closes the throttle plates under certain conditions so the bike meets EPA noise standards. On my 08 1125r in 3rd gear at about 4500 rpm if you rolled the throttle open it would pull like mad for a few seconds then it was li I e you closed the throttle. Denoid ed it and never had the problem again.

EBRforum Novice
    So it was like a big dead spot ? For a track bike would you recommend taking it out ? I was told that the ECU that I have wont send through a fault.