Greetings forum members...

Just wanted to share a recent modification that I made to my 1190RX...I started out with an R&G Tidy Tail Kit...

The R&G kit came with a tail light, but seemed like a PIA to splice wiring...and the #4 threaded studs seemed pretty cheap considering the cost of the kit...

I wanted to find a way to use the OEM tail light (M6 mounting screws) along with the OEM turn signals...the turn signals were easy enough to mount, but the tail light required some grinding/drilling...

I had to remove the center piece of metal, and grind out ~ a nickel's diameter in the upper part to allow the license plate light wiring to clear the bracket...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EBR Tidy Tail 01.JPG 
Views:	359 
Size:	385.3 KB 
ID:	1045

Then, two 5/16" holes needed to be drilled to allow for the M8 shoulder size of the OEM tail light mounting screws...unfortunately I did not make a jig, or use a drill press, so mine needed to be "massaged" for proper tail light centering... The license plate also needed some trimming for these holes to clear, and for the wiring to pass through...

Name:	EBR Tidy Tail 02.JPG 
Views:	318 
Size:	413.4 KB 
ID:	1046

If you want to re-use the OEM screws for mounting the kit to the tail, the brackets will need the same 5/16" holes enlargement for the screw shoulders be recessed in the bracket...

The final result turned out to look pretty good...all with using all OEM lights and wiring...

Name:	EBR Tidy Tail 03.JPG 
Views:	523 
Size:	645.5 KB 
ID:	1047Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EBR Tidy Tail 04.JPG 
Views:	620 
Size:	705.2 KB 
ID:	1048

Please post any custom tail mods that you have...love to see 'em...!