Thread: EBR Sale Scheduled

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    EBRforum Newb
    Personally I do not hope some rich person buy EBR, to have a hobby. The future for EBR will then "normally" be a small niche brand, and any expand will be just a dream.

About Polaris, well, perhaps they don't have any interest, but at the same time, if they do, they would not shouting it out ether, that would just rice the price.

And yes, I do hope the new owner would be an american comp, to continue have an american superbike, and not an Japanese owner just building that bike in the US, like GoldWing back in the days.

But you have a point, Ford and GM are 2 comp that could have interest, but I doubt that that is the fact, and also for EBR, I guess the future would be better with an known strong motorcycle manufacturer.

One thing is to buy EBR, another thing is to continue production, expand the company and making new products, that is a much more expensive part.

The question is who will buy, and just as important, what will the new owner do with EBR?

But if I try to think different, not at companies that "want" to buy EBR, but more at companies that "needs" to change they're own bikes, well what about MV Agusta (Daimler AG) or Aprilia (Piaggio), would with EBR get a more uptodate bike, a engine they could use in they're own bikes, and could continue using the brand EBR as a Superbike, but using same parts in they're own bikes without having to develop a new engine and other components. Just a thought
    And to be clear, I have not scratched the name Polaris from the list jet.
    Last edited by Bagger; 07-10-2015 at 01:02 AM.