Today was the day of Öhlins.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0367 copy.jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	1,001.6 KB 
ID:	1928

My guy at Seacoast Sport Cycle in Derry, NH called me up yesterday to tell me that the forks were complete, so I went up there this morning to get them.

Name:	IMG_0368 copy.jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	800.6 KB 
ID:	1929

This is the top of the left fork, which has compression. The right leg has rebound.

Name:	IMG_0369 copy.jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	524.1 KB 
ID:	1930

The new fork has a slightly longer stroke. This necessitates that the fork sticks out of the top of the triple a little bit so that the change in ride height is compensated for. I measured the distance that the stock fork sticks out of the top triple as ~9mm. Because of the 10mm increase in stroke, the forks are now sticking out 20mm.

Name:	IMG_0370 copy.jpg 
Views:	273 
Size:	583.4 KB 
ID:	1931

They gave me a neat sticker too.

Name:	IMG_0371 copy.jpg 
Views:	287 
Size:	518.1 KB 
ID:	1932

As an aside, I also got the correct CRG RC2 lever for the brake on, to match the one I have on the clutch. I'll put it in the aftermarket mod page.

Seacoast did a lot of work to make this happen for me, and I really have to thank them. They're offering a package to anyone with an EBR 1190SX or RX to do the forks. If you can ship your forks to Seacoast, they'll re-cartridge them with the Öhlins NIX30 kit, including all parts and labor, for $1,750 + shipping back. No tax. They're a complete joy to work with, and upon receiving the cartridge, the turnaround on the work that they did for me was 48 hours.

Here is their contact information. Ask for Charlie and tell him George sent you:

Seacoast Sport Cycle
129 Rockingham Rd
Derry, NH 03038
(603) 437-5656
Open Tuesday - Saturday (Closed Sunday/Monday)