Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Official- EBR 1190RX to be Revealed at AIM Expo October 16, 2013

EBRforum Expert

It's Official- EBR 1190RX to be Revealed at AIM Expo October 16, 2013

Posted to Facebook about an hour ago by Motorcyclist Magazine:

Just in from Erik Buell Racing: the firm's next new model, a derivation of the current 1190RS superbike, will be revealed on October 16 at the AIM Expo in Orlando, Florida. We'll be there to give you the first look at the new sportbike. Until then, here's what EBR says:

"The new, street-legal high performance motorcycle carries EBR’s model designation 1190RX and is a direct descendant of EBR’s race-bred limited edition 1190RS Super Bike. While the 1190RX shares its sibling’s 1190cc engine and many of EBR’s exclusive performance and handling-enhancing features, it is a new design created to tame the wildest roads and rouse the most demanding riders.

“This is the culmination of decades of dedication, innovation and teamwork,” said EBR founder Erik Buell. “We have been working to create a pure rider’s machine and a true world brand. From the heartland and the heart of America, these are extraordinary motorcycles that discerning riders everywhere will be passionate to own.”

Last edited by Hughlysses; 09-19-2013 at 06:42 AM.

EBRforum Expert
    A little more info from motorcycle.com this morning:

"The unveiling of the EBR 1190RX will take place in EBR’s booth number 1157 at the AIMExpo at 12:00 noon on October 16."

looking forward to it, hopefully a naked model follows shortly.

EBRforum Expert
    A well-known long-time Bueller with a "factory connection" posted on Badweb today that pics of the 1190RX are turning up all over (you won't find his post; it's already been deleted). I've scoured the net and I can't find anything.

Anybody else seen anything of interest?

Quote Originally Posted by Hughlysses View Post
    A well-known long-time Bueller with a "factory connection" posted on Badweb today that pics of the 1190RX are turning up all over (you won't find his post; it's already been deleted). I've scoured the net and I can't find anything.

Anybody else seen anything of interest?
    Hmmm, I haven't seen anything but with the official unveiling coming up in less than three weeks, that probably means there's information out there. I'm sure they're working on taking photos and distributing them under an 'embargo' agreement that would have people not show them until the official date, but once things are out there, they often leak, so we may see something soon. I remember photos of the XB12 leaking about a week ahead of the official date. And with the race this weekend, that would be a good time to build some buzz, so there may even be some more official information coming out this weekend. And if not . . . the official date is getting closer and closer.

EBRforum Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Hmmm, I haven't seen anything but with the official unveiling coming up in less than three weeks, that probably means there's information out there. I'm sure they're working on taking photos and distributing them under an 'embargo' agreement that would have people not show them until the official date, but once things are out there, they often leak, so we may see something soon. I remember photos of the XB12 leaking about a week ahead of the official date. And with the race this weekend, that would be a good time to build some buzz, so there may even be some more official information coming out this weekend. And if not . . . the official date is getting closer and closer.
    Well, here we are ~8 days away from the reveal. No further "spoiler" photos from the factory; no hints of info anywhere else either.

I did get a clarification on the "photos all over" remark above. Apparently brochures/catalogs have been sent to the dealers and some dealers are placing them in plain sight, so if you have an EBR dealer near you, you might see something of interest when you drop by. Unfortunately, it's a ~400 mile round trip for me to visit my closest dealer. Guess I'll have to wait 'til next Wednesday.

Well, here we are ~8 days away from the reveal. No further "spoiler" photos from the factory; no hints of info anywhere else either.

I did get a clarification on the "photos all over" remark above. Apparently brochures/catalogs have been sent to the dealers and some dealers are placing them in plain sight, so if you have an EBR dealer near you, you might see something of interest when you drop by. Unfortunately, it's a ~400 mile round trip for me to visit my closest dealer. Guess I'll have to wait 'til next Wednesday.
    Interesting. I might take a little trip on Saturday. And if I can get any shots with my cell-phone I'll be sure to share.

EBRforum Expert
    The even-more intriguing thing that's being hinted is the last part of the official announcement: "Media representatives and motorcycle dealers are encouraged to attend, as a number of developments from the EBR team will be announced at that time."

The number 6 keeps getting thrown out by certain stealthy posters on Badweb. Perhaps the number of upcoming EBR models that will be announced? I guess we'll see.

Hurry up Wednesday....we'll be posting up everything we find out

The number 6 keeps getting thrown out by certain stealthy posters on Badweb. Perhaps the number of upcoming EBR models that will be announced? I guess we'll see.
    AMAZING rider Cameron Beaubier is #6. I hope I'm not reading too much into it, because that would be AWESOME. Beaubier and World Superbike?