Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Fuel light stays on

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry-Built Hustler View Post
    Carburetor-fueled bikes using manual fuel taps with reserve feature cannot be beaten for dependable reliability, the modern EFI gizmo world Cannot be beaten for performance!
    Fixed it for you

EBRforum ProvNov

Question

Quote Originally Posted by bigdexxx View Post
    Just click on the link for the two photos:

https://goo.gl/photos/ozswJZ165pcwZpt99

One is fuel pump plug & the other is the fuel pump float. There isn't a magnetic insert
    I see the pictures, but did you actually look inside the float ?

I have the later pump.

I traced the wires from pump to connector under the seat .

Have continuity from one end of the wires to the other.

Across the leads I have an open.

Does anybody have a measurement across the 2 outer connectors that go to the sensor ?

I'm guessing it would be a fairly low resistance induction coil ?

I'm reading an open circuit.

My other EBRs are 52 miles away and I won't be next to them till next weekend to compare.

EBRforum Newb
    Yes, I looked inside the float and there was no metal at all.

EBRforum Newb
    I just found out by accident that my float was not bouyant enough in gasoline to slide on the post to trigger the sensor. My float slipped out of my hand into the bucket i drained the gas into and it sank to the bottom.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Quote Originally Posted by jrm816 View Post
    I just found out by accident that my float was not bouyant enough in gasoline to slide on the post to trigger the sensor. My float slipped out of my hand into the bucket i drained the gas into and it sank to the bottom.
    I'll have to give it that test.

Quote Originally Posted by jrm816 View Post
    Quality control

EBRforum Newb
    I just purchaed a 14' 1190rx. At 310 miles I got the P0087 Fuel Pressure System Fault error code. From all of the forum research it looks like the connector to the fuel pump is at fault. There is not much visual damage to either of the four progs or the female end, but it seems to be the consensus that if this is replaced my issue may go away. I'm hopeing someone will have a part number. I live in Wyoming and there is not a great parts store or shop near by. Is it a pretty general part or something specific? Appreciate the help.

EBRforum Newb
    Quote Originally Posted by Whartzie28 View Post
    I just purchaed a 14' 1190rx. At 310 miles I got the P0087 Fuel Pressure System Fault error code. From all of the forum research it looks like the connector to the fuel pump is at fault. There is not much visual damage to either of the four progs or the female end, but it seems to be the consensus that if this is replaced my issue may go away. I'm hopeing someone will have a part number. I live in Wyoming and there is not a great parts store or shop near by. Is it a pretty general part or something specific? Appreciate the help.

This thread is really about the fuel level sensor but check here for your answer: http://www.badweatherbikers.com/buel...tml?1495475889

EBRforum Newb
    I have the same fuel light issue. Fuel tank is full, light is on. I just had Action Powersports do a full fuel pump replacement and the light is still on. Any other thoughts on what to do?
    Check terminals under seat? I've never disconnected the harness, but is there a chance it could still have a bent pin/bad connection?

EBRforum Newb
    Update: After having the entire fuel pump replaced, the low fuel light is still on. Thoughts/next steps anyone?