OOK I took her for a blast up the local range last night and the results are in ! I've ridden this range since I was a teenager so I know it fairly well .
The bike was all that and more, the rider was not .The manuals settings for my weight were way too stiff and uncompliant for me .I was not fast enough to make those settings work. Old MR Buell has a race bike thing going on I believe lol. So yea i'll,back the settings off and make her softer and bring the bike back to me by adding or subtracting what I need from there . She turned in great but halfway thru turns if I hit bumps or undulations It became unsettled and I had to back her off which made things worse . I turned round and came home about 1/3 of the way up when I realized there was no way to ride around the way the bike was behaving. I had the tools with me to change settings but I was too far from a good baseline . The open fast curves on the way home showed promise as they are very flat , no bumps the bike behaved better there .
The bike is very fast , plenty of power , stops really well but I can't hold a line at all if there's any bumps or undulations in corners.
That big V Twin Power coming out of corners feel is there ,that addictive hold it wide open run and gun thing only V Twins have. The braking zones were a little scary as the bike wouldn't settle being way too stiff as well so I was coming in too hot and running wide .I was fishing for gears and missing the rear brake , my fault though as I have only ridden HD's on the road for the last 35+ years and the controls were goofy for me . The Ducati's I owned in the 80's only had 70 or 80(max)HP back in the day so going uphill on my range you'd hold them open turning in. What is now on this bike a braking area was a hold it open and hang on thing on the old Dukes . If I rode this thing tapped WOFO like back then it would not go well.
I was hospitalized with a kidney stone on Sunday too so WOFO was not going to happen as I'm still having pain and trying to pass the bashtard thing. So yea I was riding gumby AF on an unfamiliar machine at night so I was never going to get up to a good speed for handling feedback anyways I just needed to RIDE !
Cheers .K I took her for a blast up the local range last night and the results are in ! I've ridden this range since I was a teenager so I know it fairly well .
The bike was all that and more, the rider was not .The manuals settings for my weight were way too stiff and uncompliant for me .I was not fast enough to make those settings work. Old MR Buell has a race bike thing going on I believe lol. So yea i'll,back the settings off and make her softer and bring the bike back to me by adding or subtracting what I need from there . She turned in great but halfway thru turns if I hit bumps or undulations It became unsettled and I had to back her off which made things worse . I turned round and came home about 1/3 of the way up when I realized there was no way to ride around the way the bike was behaving. I had the tools with me to change settings but I was too far from a good baseline . The open fast curves on the way home showed promise as they are very flat , no bumps the bike behaved better there .
The bike is very fast , plenty of power , stops really well but I can't hold a line at all if there's any bumps or undulations in corners.
That big V Twin Power coming out of corners feel is there ,that addictive hold it wide open run and gun thing only V Twins have. The braking zones were a little scary as the bike wouldn't settle being way too stiff as well so I was coming in too hot and running wide .I was fishing for gears and missing the rear brake , my fault though as I have only ridden HD's on the road for the last 35+ years and the controls were goofy for me . The Ducati's I owned in the 80's only had 70 or 80(max)HP back in the day so going uphill on my range you'd hold them open turning in. What is now on this bike a braking area was a hold it open and hang on thing on the old Dukes . If I rode this thing tapped WOFO like back then it would not go well.
I was hospitalized with a kidney stone on Sunday too so WOFO was not going to happen as I'm still having pain and trying to pass the bashtard thing. So yea I was riding gumby AF on an unfamiliar machine at night so I was never going to get up to a good speed for handling feedback anyways I just needed to RIDE !
Cheers .