Thread: HAGERTY Insurance

HAGERTY Insurance

Hi guys,

Does anyone has Hagerty for insurance yet?

I am currently working with Hagerty to hopefully accept my RX.

By policy they only accept unique and older collector motorcycles, prior to 1990.

Our bikes aren't THAT old, but they're unique and were produced in very limited numbers. Added to that is the fact that museums are already stashing EBRs in their collections, which is testament to the rarity of these bikes, even if the oldest ones (like mine) are only 9 years old today.

Now, why should you care?
    Hagerty is a collector's insurance.
    Therefore insurance costs are lower than your sly lizzard insurance that hates anything fast, unique and expensive. Pretty much, EBRs are not commuters, so why would you pay commuter insurance rates?

Hagerty understands that special and irreplaceable vehicles are usually well cared for, in comparison to mass produced and easily replaced vehicles. They usually also have lower mileage and don't adventure in rush hour traffic or other door-bashing parking lots, because they are anything but a commuter.
    My goal is to insure the EBR with a company that understands this, and considers vehicles beyond a box carrying someone from A to B. And maybe you are like me.

What can you do?
    Hagerty is considering applications for adding EBR to their list of collector vehicles. The more of us apply, the more chances we have of it happening.

The lizzard only considers my RX as a "Red 1190cc Sportbike" which equals in lizzard terms to : "the thing that will be sent into a wall within the next 6 months, if it isn't reported stolen before that". While chances for any of these events to happen to my bike are as low as seeing a Flamingo migrate to the Moon.
    So if you feel the same, I encourage you to apply. Sending an application does not mean that you are signing up for coverage (and is free). Once you see the advantages of collector/special vehicle insurance and the prices, you may become very interested.

I hope this helps other EBR owners.
    I will follow-up here as news come.

I have it for my classic cars and love it! But for the EBR they told me "No"

EBRforum Newb
    I have Hagerty for my classic bikes. I was able to convince them to insure my '96, '98, '99 Buells.

I haven't tried with my 1125R or 1190SX. The SX makes a great case as a limited production bike from a defunct company.

Let us know if you're successful. I might go send them a message now...if they see money to be made, it may sway them.

EBRforum Newb
    I just added my SX to my Hagerty policy. I'm sure an agent will contact me in a few days saying "we don't insure those".

Man! Let us know! I got to where they ask how much HP, and I could just FEEL the "No" coming before they even said it:(

EBRforum Newb
    A Hagerty agent left a voicemail today.

They normally wouldn’t insure such a new bike, but approved the exception.

My SX is now insured on my Hagerty policy.

Thanks for the report, I'm calling tomorrow!