Quote Originally Posted by Hughlysses View Post
Several people at Badweb (some who should know) have stated or hinted that the AX will not be based on the 1190, but will be an all-new platform. That kind of leaves the future wide-open.
Well technically the Ulysses was an 'all new platform' compared to the other XB's, correct?

It may have looked similar and shared an engine, but the frame was larger (with increased fuel capacity) and had different geometry than the XB's and was mated to a different subframe.

If I had to speculate, I'd expect the AX to be even more different than the SX and RX than the Ulysses was from the XB's, but I'd still expect it to share a family resemblance. I'd also expect the engine to grow to 1300 cc, and those changes would certainly classify it as a unique platform by most definitions.

I guess it is possible it could be based on the Hastur, for example, but I expect that's unlikely. The RX, SX and AX designations would indicate to me that the three bikes are in the same family.

But I think is safe to say we don't know much at this point, so it should be fun to see.