Thread: VERY Interesting Q&A on EBR FB This Week

EBRforum Expert

VERY Interesting Q&A on EBR FB This Week

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6B6E2CCF-5600-4429-8DAB-312702C1A4B0.jpg 
Views:	306 
Size:	14.8 KB 
ID:	2026

Maybe with the economy doing well well investors are looking for opportunities?

I copied this off Book of Faces

When I was talking a lot to EBR getting my replacement engine, the sentiment that the people I talked to was that of optimism. "You never know." Erik is pretty good at drumming up cash, and support. EBR may always be a boutique bike, maybe that's why he's the CTO for VangaurdSpark now, LAP has proven they are willing to work with him. I'd just wait and see. If enough people see value in the company, it can be revived.

Now why would go and post this and make me all excited??!!!!

Thats great news. I would love to watch an America bike race again. That’s an assumption that he will race again, I mean what’s EBR without racing?

And EBRRider I got those stickers!!!! Thanks a lot buddy I will post up pictures when they are on my bike. I have to try and match the blacks a little better before it’s permanent

Quote Originally Posted by MakingPAIN View Post
    And EBRRider I got those stickers!!!! Thanks a lot buddy I will post up pictures when they are on my bike. I have to try and match the blacks a little better before it’s permanent

If for any reason i have 2 sets ,left. Yea pics, thanks.

EBRforum Novice
    I wouldn't call that a Q&A. By definition, sure it was an answered question...but it was only one, not a sit down or series of them.

I think it was merely to keep the brand relevant to sell parts.

EBRforum Novice
    I'd have to agree. I'm not getting my hopes up again, especially after they sold off all of their equipment.

Does anybody have any real information (somebody that lives in the area maybe and/or talks to people connected with EBR) on the recent Facebook activity and cryptic tweets (like the "Operation 35")?

It certainly seems to me that since they stopped production, they have left the door open to starting back up, and there has been a skeleton crew and EBR entity since that time. I had sort of assumed one of the big hurdles was the inventory that was still sitting on dealer floors.

Now that the inventory is gone, it would be possible for somebody to restart very limited production (with prices likely higher than before and maybe some design tweaks to set the new bike apart and justify the price increase).

They seem to be hinting at something, and I don't know why they'd be hinting at something if they weren't, at the very least, courting new investors.

EBRforum Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Does anybody have any real information (somebody that lives in the area maybe and/or talks to people connected with EBR) on the recent Facebook activity and cryptic tweets (like the "Operation 35")?

It certainly seems to me that since they stopped production, they have left the door open to starting back up, and there has been a skeleton crew and EBR entity since that time. I had sort of assumed one of the big hurdles was the inventory that was still sitting on dealer floors.

Now that the inventory is gone, it would be possible for somebody to restart very limited production (with prices likely higher than before and maybe some design tweaks to set the new bike apart and justify the price increase).

They seem to be hinting at something, and I don't know why they'd be hinting at something if they weren't, at the very least, courting new investors.
    They sure seem to be hinting that something is pending. Seems like an “easy” upgrade that was known to be in the works would be ABS. This would also let them sell the bikes in Europe.

That would make sense. I remember, around the time of the shut-down, hearing rumors that they might have been working on a turbo or super-charged version. That could compete with things like the Kawasaki H2 rather than more traditional (and more plentiful and highly refined) superbikes.

Something like that would be distinct and could justify the $30K ish price they'd probably have to charge to be profitable selling low volumes.