Thread: I'm Sorry But You're Wrong..

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    EBRforum Newb

I'm Sorry But You're Wrong..

I've been battling fuel pump issues and have seen many suggestions and I'd like to clarify some things based on my personal experiences:

1.) Many posts on fuel pump threading sizes to remove the assembly. Maybe they have changed throughout the years but, my 2014 has the 1/4 -20 thread size, not the M6 x 1.0 I've seen suggested.

2.) I've seen a few suggestions of replacement O-rings to get. Don't get the 35717 Ford water pump O-rings found at many local part stores. While you can put them on your fuel pump assembly just fine, they will not let the assembly go back into the frames hole, they are just too thick! Go with EBR O-rings or, I can confirm that I ended up using Honda part number 1301-107-000 for mine and bonus they were local.

3.) Walbro gss342 fuel pump as a replacement to the OEM unit. While the pump itself can be retrofit into the stock fuel pump assembly without major modifications, I believe it pushes too much fuel. I suppose an aftermarket fuel pressure regular may work but, probably not worth the money. I made this switch, so I will inform if I find a solution.

4.) The fuel pump float fix. I've seen a stainless steel aquarium float to fix the issue of the stocker losing floatabilty (not sure if that's even a word). It seems to be very sensitive to low fuel. I replaced the entire float assembly with the China aquarium float and it seem that around a half tank or so it registers as low fuel.

>>I'm sure I'm missing info, but this is just what I've come up with based on my install experiences. I'm probably wrong myself somewhere along the line but hopefully this can help others. Im sure some of the aforementioned issues can be refined to work. On a side note, I have posted some of these installs on my YouTube if interested = https://youtu.be/ewgO14xa7ro
    Last edited by Buellster; 05-05-2018 at 05:38 PM.