Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody doing winter mods?

Anybody doing winter mods?

Man, it's crickets in here! Almost a week since the last post. I'm sure many check this site daily as I do, why not throw down real quick? Fast and easy on that device in your pocket. Anyway.

What's everybody doing for the Winter? And mods planned on your EBRs? I have parts sent out for powdercoat and black hard anodizing, and plan to install heavier clutch springs and Oberon slave cylinder, as well as install my Accossato radial master cylinders and other bits.
    "Love is the never ending act of forgiveness" -Peter Ustinov

2017 EBR 1190SX
    2000 Buell M2
    1995 Buell S2 (x2)

Not by choice, Waiting for my carbon clutch kit from Barnett, all ready have my Heavy duty racing springs, My stock clutch measured in at 29.7mm just under the min. With my riding style and my pipe,qiuck shift and deans tune with only 3200 miles stock clutch in fried with all the extra HP hoping the new springs will clamp better and get more miles on this clutch. Moral of the story if you have the lighter springs as my 15sx has they dont cut it.

https://sphdonline.com/collections/e...pring-kit-l18e

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BARNETT-CLU...53.m2749.l2649
    Last edited by EBRRider; 11-27-2017 at 12:08 PM.

EBRforum Novice
    I'm eyeballing that spring kit.

I'm also looking for more comfortable grips.

Toying with the idea of running a cheap action cam and screen for rear view as a replacement for mirrors. I hate mirrors and this would also alleviate the fear of smacking them during my hour-long lane-splitting commute to/from work every day. Not necessarily an EBR-specific thing...but it's one of the things I'm looking at doing anyways.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Re mirrors: At least one mirror mounted on the bike is required by law in Cali. In the past I thought I was being clever by taking the stock mirrors off and wearing a helmet visor with two small mirrors built in. But a Chippie wrote me a ticket regardless for the bike not having a mirror, grrr.

EBRforum Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Re mirrors: At least one mirror mounted on the bike is required by law in Cali. In the past I thought I was being clever by taking the stock mirrors off and wearing a helmet visor with two small mirrors built in. But a Chippie wrote me a ticket regardless for the bike not having a mirror, grrr.
    That's easy to get around, little dinky sticky mirrors on the side of the headlight housing for side-views. Boom.

-edit-

Something like pig spotters, but I've seen them smaller.
    Last edited by LeesEBR; 11-27-2017 at 01:55 PM.

Been waiting all summer to ride.. mods will wait until next summer. It is smash time. I have 3700 miles on it, trying to get to 7000 ish before summer so I can do valves, plugs, tires, chain and sprockets.

I think tires and sprockets will have to happen fast because they are beat back.lol

EBRforum Novice
    Sprockets at 7k? What's normal sprocket life??

Lol mine are ragged at 3200 but I run things like drive chains and sprockets till they are gone gone

You wont know if your clutch is slipping or your chain on your sprockets .LOL

Winter? Whats that?