Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Valve Adjustment Finally in the Works

Valve Adjustment Finally in the Works

Took a little work but the SX is finally getting the needed 6200 mile valve adjustment. I bought the pack of shims the St. Louis HD. Pretty killer deal for all those shims when you can buy the same pack from the EBR store for almost $700 more than what the HD shop had. I did order the valve cover gaskets, inner and outer, from the EBR store (link below if someone needs it). From there I found a HD dealer down in Panama City, FL that is going to do the work for me. The owner has a true love for EBR and seemed pretty excited to work on my baby. I will let ya'll know how it goes from there.

http://www.erikbuellracing.net/store/

Soooo....... How'd it go from there?

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Soooo....... How'd it go from there?
    It went really good...with some minor setbacks. The bike was picked up and the service was done over the next two days. The only setback was that, unbeknownst to me, the clamps that are utilized on the radiator hoses are one time use clamps. They improvised and used some screw-type band clamps which apparently worked out when they did the test ride. The bike was delivered back to me no issues. Total price on the service was $450 (blew my mind on how cheap it was). I took it for a ride and it ran like the champ it is.

After letting the bike cool outside post-ride, I noticed a puddle of liquid underneath. It was radiator fluid coming from one of the main hoses on the right side of the bike. Talked to the tech who worked my bike. He told me what was going on and I immediately ordered replacement clamps from EBR. Sadly, the primary clamp that I need is on back-order.

Overall, very little issues and I am plenty satisfied with the work. Thanks for asking Cooter.

WOW! that is cheap over here I understand it will cost $600. at Chris Rivas V-Twin Central California's best American V-Twin service center.

EBRforum Junkie
    Oetiker clamps for stock, they're relatively cheap. If you're careful, they can be re-used at least once.

That IS cheap! Glad it worked out for ya:)

Thanks Dean for the heads up, I'll add those to the EBR shelf JIC :)

EBRforum Novice
    Honestly, a good worm drive hose clamp is much better than the one-time-use OEM clamps that came on the bike. In race builds we use them exclusively and have ZERO issues with them.

My other curiosity is why you needed one at all. IIRC, I pull the frame without touching the cooling system.

Quote Originally Posted by Doosh View Post
    Honestly, a good worm drive hose clamp is much better than the one-time-use OEM clamps that came on the bike. In race builds we use them exclusively and have ZERO issues with them.

My other curiosity is why you needed one at all. IIRC, I pull the frame without touching the cooling system.
    I couldn't tell ya. The shop came and picked up the bike, tore it apart to do the valve adjustment, put it back together. They said they removed the radiator in order to do it so they also flushed all the fluid and put in the HD orange.

EBRforum Novice
    Where'd that pic go of the frame-off? I need to make that engine stand...

Quote Originally Posted by LeesEBR View Post
    Where'd that pic go of the frame-off? I need to make that engine stand...
    This is Deans pic.

Name:  12440475_112291282438316562885260_o.jpg
Views: 550
Size:  110.6 KB
    Last edited by EBRRider; 11-29-2017 at 10:57 PM.