Thread: My 2014 RX

EBRforum ProvNov

My 2014 RX

It's been pretty quiet on the forum, so I thought I'd take some time to go over my 2014. I purchased it in December of 2015 from Alamo BMW near San Antonio, TX as some entertainment while I worked in south Texas. Here it is when I took delivery:

Name:  IMG_0999.JPG
Views: 825
Size:  139.0 KB

Home is east Tennessee, but work is in south Texas, and after the initial EBR shutdown, I picked her up for $11k OTD. Afterwards I started doing simple things to upgrade since all I had was an apartment complex parking lot to work with.

Name:  IMG_1163.JPG
Views: 756
Size:  161.7 KB
    In March 2016 I was run off the road in Corpus Christi by an inattentive driver. Scraped up the side of the bike, but this was right after the LAP acquisition, so I was able to source replacement parts at a discount

Name:  IMG_1245.JPG
Views: 637
Size:  82.9 KB
    Ditched the secondary muffler and added an IDS ECM and fancy pipes from Auto Zone (painted with high temp black)

Name:  IMG_2182.JPG
Views: 645
Size:  141.0 KB
    Bought a smoke windscreen direct from EBR. Quality was okay, there are probably better screens out there. Notice the little cap that flew of my right side mirror. I'm told that a 2014 Yamaha R1 mirror is a direct replacement, but I figure the same thing will happen again.
    Name:  IMG_2183.JPG
Views: 639
Size:  122.2 KB

LED signals from PJ's Parts back in my hometown

Name:  IMG_2184.JPG
Views: 645
Size:  169.4 KB
    Removed the caliper scoops and added R&G fork sliders

Name:  IMG_2185.JPG
Views: 639
Size:  160.8 KB
    Techspec grips, which I really like as it makes the bike much more comfortable to ride

Name:  IMG_2186.JPG
Views: 638
Size:  126.4 KB
    Found some spacers and longer bolts at Ace Hardware and moved the factory spools out far enough to where my Pitbull stand wouldn't scrape up the swingarm.

It's a 2014 so I've had some of the usual issues, biggest one was a dead dash that was cured through eBay. Scored a dash that had the firmware update by accident.

Added the NCCR quickshifter recently, now have a new chain and 44T sprocket ready to go on.
    Last edited by golfman1966; 10-09-2017 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Added more!

EBRforum ProvNov
    Great post

EBRforum Junkie
    Take a large adjustable wrench...and bend the taller, stand fork away (outward) from the swing arm..!
    Hope you haven't scratched the swing arm yet..!

Mike

That's what I did ^^^^ Then put a few wraps of electrical tape around it JIC.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Some time ago I purchased the JT Sprockets 44T and a DID ZVM-X 520 chain and finally got around to installing them today. I'd like to join the chorus of folks who highly recommend the 44T rear sprocket, it makes the bike much more manageable around town and makes the beast a little more easy to manage. I can actually shift into third gear sometimes now. Which is good, because according to the dash, I now have two of them!

Name:  IMG_3089(1).JPG
Views: 475
Size:  108.2 KB

And here's how she looks today:

Name:  IMG_3090(1).JPG
Views: 476
Size:  99.7 KB

EBRforum Junkie
    Update the ecm programming (ie; send it back to IDS for recalibration) and the double gear indicated will go away and be correct again.

True, but the stock ECM re-calibration only works for 39-43T rear sprockets. They do have a cal for 44-46T but you have to ask for it specifically.

Howdy,

I have the 44 tooth sprocket and retuned ECM waiting for a warm day to install... I know how much better the bike runs with the 44 tooth. I haven't bought a chain yet because I don't know the link count and I want to have both sprocket setups for track days...

How many links on the chain for a 44-tooth sprocket?

Thanks!

My stock chain worked fine with the 44t.

As Cooter said, But it will shorten up your wheel base a little. As it is on mine with a 43t.