Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your EBR1190 today ?

Quote Originally Posted by gdisaac07 View Post
    The frame attachment point for the shock is very, very tight. It took a lot of force to remove the stock shock, plus the cabling made removing the remote reservoir difficult. I had to pull hard to get the existing shock out, and use some serious persuasion to get the Öhlins one in.
    My experience was similar

EBRforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by gdisaac07 View Post
    Today was the day of Öhlins.

Attachment 1928

My guy at Seacoast Sport Cycle in Derry, NH called me up yesterday to tell me that the forks were complete, so I went up there this morning to get them.

Attachment 1929

This is the top of the left fork, which has compression. The right leg has rebound.

Attachment 1930

The new fork has a slightly longer stroke. This necessitates that the fork sticks out of the top of the triple a little bit so that the change in ride height is compensated for. I measured the distance that the stock fork sticks out of the top triple as ~9mm. Because of the 10mm increase in stroke, the forks are now sticking out 20mm.

Attachment 1931

They gave me a neat sticker too.

Attachment 1932

As an aside, I also got the correct CRG RC2 lever for the brake on, to match the one I have on the clutch. I'll put it in the aftermarket mod page.

Seacoast did a lot of work to make this happen for me, and I really have to thank them. They're offering a package to anyone with an EBR 1190SX or RX to do the forks. If you can ship your forks to Seacoast, they'll re-cartridge them with the Öhlins NIX30 kit, including all parts and labor, for $1,750 + shipping back. No tax. They're a complete joy to work with, and upon receiving the cartridge, the turnaround on the work that they did for me was 48 hours.

Here is their contact information. Ask for Charlie and tell him George sent you:

Seacoast Sport Cycle
    129 Rockingham Rd
    Derry, NH 03038
    (603) 437-5656
    Open Tuesday - Saturday (Closed Sunday/Monday)
    I wonder if they'd sell the parts as a kit instead of the ship forks back and forth. I've been a mechanic for my entire adult life, not much scares me working on stuff. I've got most of the tools required and don't mind buying whatever else I need to make a job like that one happen.

I would be very interested in that as well.

Third on the kit.. if it could be made as a drop in part. I don’t have and cnc machines in my garage...... yet.

Quote Originally Posted by d_adams View Post
    I wonder if they'd sell the parts as a kit instead of the ship forks back and forth. I've been a mechanic for my entire adult life, not much scares me working on stuff. I've got most of the tools required and don't mind buying whatever else I need to make a job like that one happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I would be very interested in that as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by MakingPAIN View Post
    Third on the kit.. if it could be made as a drop in part. I don’t have and cnc machines in my garage...... yet.
    I dropped him a line and I'll see whether this is something he wants to do.
    2017 EBR 1190SX
    2009 Buell XB12scg

EBRforum Newb
    AMERICA makes it! that’s who.

I spoke with Charles at Seacoast. He's got something awesome for you.

He's willing to provide you the modified, drop-in kits for $1,215 + shipping. However, that will not include springs or oil. Furthermore, the forks require specialized tools to install, plus some experience (his exact warning). Take that as you may!
    2017 EBR 1190SX
    2009 Buell XB12scg

EBRforum Junkie
    So we need to know what spring rate is available based on rider weight, as well as oil. I assume he would supply Ohlins springs and oil at an additional cost?

Quote Originally Posted by d_adams View Post
    So we need to know what spring rate is available based on rider weight, as well as oil. I assume he would supply Ohlins springs and oil at an additional cost?
    I'm certain he could. He chose the spring rate for me and we'll try it out, then swap springs if it's just not working for me. The weather should be 60 degrees on Saturday, so that's when I'm going to ride it up to him and find out.

I'd give him a call tomorrow if you get a chance. He's super helpful and knowledgable, far far more than I am.
    2017 EBR 1190SX
    2009 Buell XB12scg

EBRforum Novice
    Do you or anyone happen to know why / how the stroke is increased? Is the inside tube extension stop adjustable?
    Last edited by Doug Porcaro; 03-28-2018 at 10:17 PM.