Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your EBR1190 today ?

EBRforum Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by buell-fan View Post
    Get that OEM chain out of there and check swingarm torque. The SX comes with oem oil and radiator guards.
    What's wrong with the OEM chain? I had to tighten mine all of 3 flats in 5500 miles. Daily whoolies.

Quote Originally Posted by LeesEBR View Post
    What's wrong with the OEM chain? I had to tighten mine all of 3 flats in 5500 miles. Daily whoolies.
    QS are hard on chains, good idea. IMO

EBRforum Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by EBRRider View Post
    QS are hard on chains, good idea. IMO
    Not sure if I'll get a QS. I don't like the principal, prefer using clutch. Sure I'm slower, but I'm not racing either. Just me and the way I like to ride, is all.

yes, 43mm, by doing power mods challenges the clamping of a stock clutch, mine only lasted 3K, put in a Barnett Carbon fiber, with Race springs, now it hooks up great.
    Can you link me the clutch pack that you installed? Also, the springs? How does that affect clutch lever feel?

What did you mean earlier by "denoid"? I'm assuming removal of a solenoid, but I'm not clear on which one.

Not sure if I'll get a QS. I don't like the principal, prefer using clutch. Sure I'm slower, but I'm not racing either. Just me and the way I like to ride, is all.
    We all have different styles of riding, to each his own, none better than others all it's good.!!

Quote Originally Posted by gdisaac07 View Post
    Can you link me the clutch pack that you installed? Also, the springs? How does that affect clutch lever feel? I had the light springs same as you do, is why mine slipped root cause, even with shorties I dont feel any difference in the pull, not bragging but I have strong hands.

https://sphdonline.com/collections/e...pring-kit-l18e

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BARNETT-CLU...53.m2749.l2649

What did you mean earlier by "denoid"? I'm assuming removal of a solenoid, but I'm not clear on which one.
    Removal, Follow thread, http://ebrforum.com/showthread.php?1556-solenoid-delete&highlight=denoid

http://ebrforum.com/showthread.php?1...ch-is-slipping

Last edited by EBRRider; 12-04-2017 at 12:17 PM.

EBRforum Novice
    We all have different styles of riding, to each his own, none better than others all it's good.!!
    Agree 100%. Just because I don't like the concept, doesn't mean it isn't 100% safe or there's not benefit to be had, it's just not for me. Everyone else may love it and I'm the only one that doesn't, and that's totally cool; I won't knock the product or anyone who has one. Same goes for any modification that isn't proven to be detrimental to rider or machine.

I know most Buell/EBR guys are of similar mindset, and that's awesome cause I haven't encountered that in any other motorsport I've been a part of.

Agree 100%. Just because I don't like the concept, doesn't mean it isn't 100% safe or there's not benefit to be had, it's just not for me. Everyone else may love it and I'm the only one that doesn't, and that's totally cool; I won't knock the product or anyone who has one. Same goes for any modification that isn't proven to be detrimental to rider or machine.

I know most Buell/EBR guys are of similar mindset, and that's awesome cause I haven't encountered that in any other motorsport I've been a part of.
    IMO QS should come stock on all EBRs , they are the best mod ever I love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you! Looks like a fairly easy way to shed some weight and flatten out power. I'll ask Dean about it when I buy the exhaust/ECU from him.

Quote Originally Posted by gdisaac07 View Post
    Thank you! Looks like a fairly easy way to shed some weight and flatten out power. I'll ask Dean about it when I buy the exhaust/ECU from him.
    Dean will tell you your green light springs will slip on high revs and Dyno tests.