Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Is There Any Hope for a Revived EBR?

I thought I heard on here the dealers already had the good parts and LAP had been selling blems??

If LAP was smart they could make a small store front online and call it another business venture, and sell EBR parts. They know who makes all the parts for EBR. Just keep them flowing in and sell.

You know Bill is a motorcycle guy he says

EBRforum Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I thought I heard on here the dealers already had the good parts and LAP had been selling blems??
    I think that was true of body parts, but a lot of the other stuff was perfectly good. It's an interesting move on their part. It'll be interesting to see what happens next.

Oh yea, EBR changed the cover photo on their Facebook page this morning:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-09-17 at 2.40.28 PM.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	19.7 KB 
ID:	1737

It's interesting that they did this. Maybe they built a few more 2017's now that most of the backlog of bikes is cleared?

Bulk orders & offers considered first, ASAP. Make offers on Excel spreadsheet.

http://www.liquidap.com/wp-content/u...8.14.2017.xlsx

I really like that flat color

seems like they'd make more money selling parts vs. a complete RX at $10k...

EBRforum Newb
    Im gonna have to put in my $.02... Since my work has taken me all over the southern U.S., Ive met a lot of riders. For EBR to be successful they are going to need a @700cc bike, sport and naked, to cater to the younger and price conscious market that is huge right now! These types do not care about a 185+mph bike that costs $17k-$20k. All of these riders that Ive met and talked to like their bikes because of price, rideability, looks and of all things...the sound! Obviously, keep producing the liter bikes and possibly have an upgraded version that can compete with the likes of the R1M or even the H2 but strictly building a high end bike will definitely not sell very many units. Lastly, EBR could take the SX and have a dual-sport model with the proper transmission and body style changes, adding in the new technology and that quickly emerging market would definitely be a money maker. Hell, design a super-motard and the world would go nuts! Every rider Ive talked to under the age of 40 wants one!

EBRforum Expert
    According to several reputable sources, EBR had a middleweight ~800cc twin on the drawing board and was ready to start building prototypes when the original closure came. Erik mentioned it being priced under $10k in a Cycle World interview. They understood what was needed and were ready to build it. If Hero hadn't jerked the rug out from under them, or even if they'd waited another 6 months before they pulled the plug, things might be a LOT different now.

Hell, design a super-motard and the world would go nuts! Every rider Ive talked to under the age of 40 wants one!
    [/QUOTE]

Hell, I'm 58, and I want one!

I just saw this: https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/...-joins-indian/

"BMW’s top designer joins Indian and promises a new range of perception-changing models"

“A race bike is probably the best way forward because Indian have never done a supersport bike. There’s no heritage to fall back on, no icon to refer to – but maybe it’s a V-twin and you go into that kind of territory and the engine provides the heritage.”

So maybe Polaris/Indian is serious about Sport-bikes (they were apparently involved in bidding for Ducati).

I was hoping EBR would come back, but maybe a serious sport-bike from Indian is the next best thing. Though if they are interested in going that direction, I don't know why they wouldn't have spent a few dollars to buy EBR if, for no better reason than to see what they could make of the scraps - engine etc.
    Last edited by Scott; 04-05-2018 at 07:41 AM.

EBRforum Novice
    Call me a pessimist but I don't think an Indian sportbike will be successful especially from a BMW designer.