Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Is There Any Hope for a Revived EBR?

EBRforum Expert
    Adding ABS would open the European market to them, where sales were pretty good. They seem to have had the design for that well underway if not completed, so hopefully that could happen without huge investment.

If they keep the bike otherwise as-is, they should really market it that way- that this is a bike for real motorcyclists who don't need all that gadgetry. Hey, maybe they could even go back to analog gauges and get rid of the failure prone digital display.

EBRforum Junkie
    Amen to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
    That's why I think they should stop trying to keep up with the industry and just keep making the bike, it's such a solid and capable platform even without the modern tech and features of the competition that it's already a classic.

People don't ride CB750's in 2017 because they have any noteworthy technology

They ride them because they are hipsters and were born 20 years after the CB750 was made.

Old bikes rule

Real bikes = Kickstarts and spokes!
    Petcocks with reserve, center stands, chrome, big plastic knob steering dampers... I might even be convinced to say front drum brakes, but I already conceded to tubes

I agree 1000% with you guys. Keep EBR as a B.adass A.nalog S.uperbike T.hat A.lways R.elies on D.rivers S.kill.

Woo Hoo!

A real experience. Just you, the bike, and the road.

Fun Fact:
    The New Bmw's have a VDS on them. A Vertical Down Sensor.

Yep, a little light turns on if you fall over. You would think the pain and sparks would be enough to let a person know, but now you need a light? Heck, it probably uplinks to the Bimmer satellite to schedule a service appointment and calls your insurance adjuster for you.

We need this stuff??

Did I catch a "B.A.S.T.A.R.D" in there cooter? Are you calling from a walkie talkie? Lol.

And air cooled fins with rubber dampers between them!!!
    Could we also add, dual rear shocks. But not Harley because they are a little behind on times. They just figured out that six gears is a nice feature. Next they might find out common pin cranks suck. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Fun Fact:
    The New Bmw's have a VDS on them. A Vertical Down Sensor.

Yep, a little light turns on if you fall over. You would think the pain and sparks would be enough to let a person know, but now you need a light? Heck, it probably uplinks to the Bimmer satellite to schedule a service appointment and calls your insurance adjuster for you.

We need this stuff??
    So if a neutral indicator is an "idiot light" what would the vertical down sensor be? I'd like to get an ejection seat with parachute for my bike soon, if these things get any faster it will be a requirement.

"B.A.S.T.A.R.D.S." technically. And I know who we are!:)

I got to watch the Alpinestar demo of their airbag jacket up in Moneterey for the races. Impressive! Still expensive, but really not crazy considering...
    I bet we're all wearing one in 5 years. I'm ok being responsible for my own safety using my own limbs and digits, but THAT is tech I will get behind, every time:up: