Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Is There Any Hope for a Revived EBR?

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Yes! Everyone is talking about the new frames on those!. They are TUBES of METAL that are WELDED together! No Way!!

Seriously, mono-shock rear and upside down forks combined with a small single front disk and a 160 width front tire. Style with no function. Reminds me of that isle in Pep Boys that has all that plastic stick on stuff...

You mean to tell me, that Harley used ELECTRICITY to connect pieces of metal and make a frame for a bike? Did I wake up in the year 2050?

I heard that the street rod can actually lift the front tire off the ground 3"! AND It can do 0-60 in 19 seconds! Thats a full 9 seconds faster than the Honda Grom! Unbelievable!
    Last edited by 1190SX; 09-04-2017 at 06:21 PM.

EBRforum Newb
    Love my honda grom

Quote Originally Posted by muleman View Post
    Love my honda grom

No doubt, a incredible machine, but what would really make it would be putting an 1190cc Rotax motor in it.

EBRforum Expert
    Bill Melvin seems to be hinting that a scaled back EBR operation might continue:

https://mibiz.com/item/25077-melvin-...-opportunities

That would be epic if he did that. They were set for 5000 bikes a year . Now revamp it for only 700 or so.

EBRforum Newb
    They should just keep building the 2014-17 SX/RX at low-medium volume for the next 15-20 years and it would become vintage/classic while they were still producing and refining it.

Look at the Volvo 240, that thing was nearly the same for 30 years and people loved it and still love it.

look at the suzuki DR350 it was the same and only color changes for 15 years or something. still sells like a new platform every year it was made

EBRforum Expert
    Anything they can do to stay in business and continue providing spare parts will make me happy. If they resume and continue construction of the 1190 bikes, even better.

If they could somehow eek out enough funding to start producing the planned ~800cc parallel twin high performance middle weight bikes in the next few years, that'd be awesome.

So whats the difference with EBR making super low production real, legally recognized bikes... and OCC type chopper builders making 10X the amount of slapped together 'special constructions' like you or I could make in our garage and title the same way? It's really easy to get a MFG license.

Could EBR forgo the expense and red tape of the feds and the EPA by doing the same thing? Their profit margin would increase substantially and could sell bikes with their reputation (as the chopper people do). Feasable?

The biggest problem I see is the 1190 was slightly outdated in 2014, and terribly so now in 2017 as fast as this market moves. EBR would need a HUGE influx of cash just to build the electronics suite that performance buyers expect today. HP only gets you so far these days....
    Last edited by Cooter; 09-06-2017 at 02:15 AM.

EBRforum Newb
    That's why I think they should stop trying to keep up with the industry and just keep making the bike, it's such a solid and capable platform even without the modern tech and features of the competition that it's already a classic.

People don't ride CB750's in 2017 because they have any noteworthy technology
    Last edited by Bruiser; 09-06-2017 at 04:06 PM.