Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need to find a mechanic

EBRforum Newb

Need to find a mechanic

I just found out that on track power sports shutdown. I'm looking to find a reputable shop in So Cal, that knows my bike for maintenance. Lotta places don't even know about EBR, nor do they have mechanics that know EBR.

Find out which Harley dealers have mechanics who serviced Buells, there is not enough difference between the Buell 1125 and the EBR 1190 that a good Buell mechanic can't easily figure out. Engine layout is the same.

I heard Costa Mesa Harley has a decent Buell guy. But I heard it from Bartels service after they screwed up the ECM on my STT:(

'Maintenance' can be done by any decent shop. Theres nothing EBR or Buell weird about motorcycle maintenance.

EBRforum ProvNov
    Take it to Mitsu, who has been back in the States since about April, at Bartels'. AFAIK, he's the most knowledgeable go-to service guy for Buell, EBR & Bartels' race bikes around these parts.

FYI, I was at Bartels when Mitsu was "away"... He sounds like a good guy.

EBRforum Junkie
    How far are you from Jacob Stark's shop, Great guys there, have tons of buells and ebrs.

https://motoenthusiasts.com/

EBRforum Junkie
    Yea, too bad about On Track Power Sports, good guys. That's where I bought my RX.
    But I saw this coming over a year ago, when the parts department dropped over half of their "on the floor" displays and much of the "on the floor" bike inventory compared to what they had when I bought my RX.

Luckily I do all (so far!) of my own maintenance.

Mike
    Last edited by Mike; 09-09-2017 at 11:54 AM.

EBRforum Newb
    I am also looking for a decent and not too expensive mechanic in Chicago, IL or WI (near IL border) that can work on either 1125r or 1190RX on a side. If you know somebody please let me know. Thanks.

EBRforum Newb
    Looking for a good mechanic in Chicago IL or WI (near IL border) that can work on 1125r or 1190RX. Shops are good but I prefer dealing with a mechanic directly. Please let me know if you know somebody.

EBRforum Newb
    If you guys are looking for a reputable mechanic. Contact Jacob Stark on Facebook. He owns a shop out of So Cal.